“Unique Flavor and amazing service”
Review of Papaya

Papaya
Ranked #95 of 1,068 Restaurants in Buffalo
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stopped in to work and eat. The server allowed me to sit in the corner without forgetting about me. I just happened to drop in on sushi night, so it was a perfect dining experience. I had seaweed salad and a variety of rolls, one being their Papaya steak roll. It was quite tasty with the horseradish sauce and then I tried their Shrimp Tempura roll. This restaurant has a very modern and hip atmosphere. The staff is exceptionally attentive without being annoying. You will enjoy your dinner rather it be a date night or a working night.

3  Thank TravelingHolly

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Was very skeptical of going here and my son convinced me. I am so glad I did. I had pot stickers for the first time and enjoyed them. The waitress was so patient and kind and finally suggested jasmine fried rice with a meat. And it was absolutely delicious!!!

1  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our New Year's Eve experience at Papaya was nothing less than perfect! Our server was attentive, personable and knew the menu very well! We started with a calimari appetizer, which was delicious! I had a martini off of the list - the Beltini, I believe. That was amazing! I ordered the Bento Box, which our server described in detail to make sure I would enjoy it. (I had looked at the menu in advance and knew walking in that I would be ordering that). It was INCREDIBLE!!! My boyfriend had the seafood Pad Thai, which was also delicious! We cannot wait to go back!!!

1  Thank PrincessAmandaRose
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The first time we went to Papaya, my wife ordered Pad Thai with fresh tofu. I wanted a vegetable dis--Fiery Thai Udon--but, as a vegetarian, did not want any meat so the waitress arranged for me to get a large, all-vegetable version. Both were delicious. The Pad Thai was among the best we have ever eaten. We were so delighted that we went back the next night and ordered Pad Thai with fresh tofu to go. Back in our hotel room, we were stunned at the difference. The meal was not fresh. It had obviously been sitting around since lunch. And then I discovered left-over chicken throughout the dish. The kitchen had merely taken Pad Thai with chicken made earlier in the day, reheated it and tried to pick the chicken out of it. For a vegetarian, that is not a welcome discovery. You may not be a vegetarian, but if the kitchen will do that to a vegetarian customer consider what they might do to your meat . . . out of sight. Disgusting.

1  Thank djess55555
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Fish Tacos were a featured appetizer and were very good. Chicken Pad Thai was substandard with strange tasting chicken. Steak was flavorful and served with fresh tasting vegetables. A lively place on Chippewa but won't go back looking for a special dinner. Very nice serving staff, a little over priced.

1  Thank Dianne1047

Been to Papaya? Share your experiences!