“First Class All The Way”
Review of Papaya

Papaya
Ranked #68 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our New Year's Eve experience at Papaya was nothing less than perfect! Our server was attentive, personable and knew the menu very well! We started with a calimari appetizer, which was delicious! I had a martini off of the list - the Beltini, I believe. That was amazing! I ordered the Bento Box, which our server described in detail to make sure I would enjoy it. (I had looked at the menu in advance and knew walking in that I would be ordering that). It was INCREDIBLE!!! My boyfriend had the seafood Pad Thai, which was also delicious! We cannot wait to go back!!!

1  Thank PrincessAmandaRose
There are newer reviews for Papaya

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The first time we went to Papaya, my wife ordered Pad Thai with fresh tofu. I wanted a vegetable dis--Fiery Thai Udon--but, as a vegetarian, did not want any meat so the waitress arranged for me to get a large, all-vegetable version. Both were delicious. The Pad Thai was among the best we have ever eaten. We were so delighted that we went back the next night and ordered Pad Thai with fresh tofu to go. Back in our hotel room, we were stunned at the difference. The meal was not fresh. It had obviously been sitting around since lunch. And then I discovered left-over chicken throughout the dish. The kitchen had merely taken Pad Thai with chicken made earlier in the day, reheated it and tried to pick the chicken out of it. For a vegetarian, that is not a welcome discovery. You may not be a vegetarian, but if the kitchen will do that to a vegetarian customer consider what they might do to your meat . . . out of sight. Disgusting.

1  Thank djess55555
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Fish Tacos were a featured appetizer and were very good. Chicken Pad Thai was substandard with strange tasting chicken. Steak was flavorful and served with fresh tasting vegetables. A lively place on Chippewa but won't go back looking for a special dinner. Very nice serving staff, a little over priced.

1  Thank Dianne1047
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Been to papaya 3 times at varying times of evening with coworkers. On each occasion it took an average of 15 minutes between being seated and waitstaff taking drink orders.

After initial drink order another 15-20 minutes passes before your meal order is placed. It'll be an hour until food hits the table.

Waitstaff never refill drinks without being asked, service is always slow. Twice of the three visits the waiter has brought the wrong check to our table.

Food is decent quality, but not worth the average wait time of 2+ hours. Had better sushi elsewhere for less, and certainly faster.

If going for a business dinner ask when you make the reservation whether they will have live entertainment ; if so, go elsewhere because you won't be able to hear yourself think. The acoustics are terrible for a life band, but they have them anyway.

Keep plugging ... Maybe with some time and training it will improve.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We are always consistently given good food in a relaxing atmosphere. Services are always exceptional for a restaurant in Buffalo. Sashimi and sushi are always perfectly prepared and fresh. There are many other dishes with Asian flare, plus some American standards. Worth a visit for guaranteed satisfaction, however dishes seem to be on the menu too long and not very original.

1  Thank Fuzzi B