“Great Allentown Restaurant”

Scarlet
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Food for all tastes and budgets. Sat on their quaint patio. Staff was warm and inviting, welcomed us the minute we walked in. Only waited a minute while our table was prepared. Started out with a strawberry marscepone bruchetta. This was very good, but would recommend it more as a desert to be shared. I then had a very good salad with spinach, mozzarella, tomatoes, capers and balsamic. While we ate our salad and while we were waiting for our main course we were treated to a plate of fresh rolls and an assortment of whipped butters. It was thoughtful of them to wait until we were done with our bruchetta before the rolls were served. Our meals were very good, I had a steak pizza that was much more than I could eat in 1 sitting. My wife had a pasta dish with shrimp and artichokes. She loved it and was given enough that she could probably cover 2 lunches with the leftovers. Over all a wonderful dinner and a wonderful evening.

1  Thank rcw198
There are newer reviews for Scarlet

Reviewed August 16, 2011

The Scarlet Bar is a great place to have a drink and appetizers. We recently met a group of business associates there. We enjoyed the atmosphere and the delicious pizza appetizers.

1  Thank Aaron S
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband and Zi had dinner here this spring and were impressed. After a pleasant conversation and drinks with the bartender- sat down to fabulous service. Warm tasty bread and dipping oil was served, our bottle of wine was great- but best of all was the Shrimp and Grits... and I'm a southern girl... Was very surprised by how tasty it was. Very large gulf shrimp, over perfectly cooked grits (with red and green pepper, onions etc) wonderful ! My husband had the filet, and the steak was nice and thick- juicy and cooked to perfection. Dessert was a delight as well.

Don't let some if the not so great reviews keep you away- hopefully that was just a bump in the road for the restaurant.

1  Thank Dixiechicksandra
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I read mixed reviews about this restaurant, but I'd been wanting to try it for a while so I decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I ignored all the bad reviews, because the meal was excellent. My friend and I split the Tuna Tartare appetizer and the Tempura Chicken Tikka
that came with two tasty dipping sauces. I ordered the Cajun Orange Roughy special which was delicious and had a nice kick to it. My friend got the Shrimp and Grits off the regular menu and it was sooooo tasty! I want to come back just so I can order that dish. So my advice is give the place a try. Just make note that the patio is only open Friday and Saturday which I wish they would have told me when I called to make the reservation and requested the patio. But it's an excuse to go back :)

1  Thank JordanW02
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Just came home from an unbelievably bad dinner at Scarlet. Having wanted to dine here for a while, we chose it during Restaurant week. Everything began ok, until a friend and I were served sea bass which was clearly spoiled. I have never tasted anything so bad. While waiting for the waitress to return (which took way too long) we were overcome by the putrid smell. I told her that both seabass entrees were spoiled, she removed the plates to the kitchen. The chef and waitress returned and offered us the menu to select something else. The chef was fine, however the waitress made the point several times that no one had ever had a problem with the sea bass. That they have the best fish in Buffalo, and how she couldn't believe that we had an issue. I found that kind of insulting, having just consumed a bite of rotten sea bass. The rest of the meal couldn't have gone worse, it took forever to get our check, even longer to get the waitress to take our credit card. No apologies. Additionally, we quickly made friends with the couple next to us who while seated for about an hour had not even received their salad. Stay away from this Place!!!

1  Thank pjfarr1