“Only real Hispanic food in buffalo!!”
Review of Niagara Cafe

Niagara Cafe
Ranked #361 of 1,052 Restaurants in Buffalo
Buffalo, New York
“Only real Hispanic food in buffalo!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I'm originally from NYC so I thought the reviews were over selling the place. It's like walking into home...it's extremely casual and amazing authentic food at pretty cheap prices. There is no other place in buffalo that can compare. Food taste homemade. Large portions. If your into PR food this is it.

The chicken is fantastic ... Also love love the fried pork (although you don't want to count the calories), the pernile is great to. You just can't go wrong.

If your from NYC and homesick for sme good old fashioned PR food ...you can't beat Niagra Cafe...at least not in buffalo.

• Visited January 2013

“Cheap beer”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have been going here for almost 5yrs. Great spot to watch soccer matches wihr you enjoy your food. Domestic beers are $2, can't beat that! I love it.

NY
“¡Fantástico!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is not a fancy place and lots of things are fried...but who cares? The food is consistently delicious. Excellent seasoning on the chicken, which is my favorite though I have tried other dishes (camarones, for example) and they are equally tasty. Los tostones are great and the sauce is perfect. The chicken is addictive and I am not big on meat in general. I have tried to duplicate the spice on the chicken but just can't. The rice and beans are out of this world. In general, the food is simple fare that delivers outstanding flavor consistently. The prices are reasonable, too. I am craving it again just thinking about it!

United States
“A taste of Puerto Rico in Buffalo”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I've heard great things about the Niagara Cafe and finally had to check it out for lunch. I had the pernil (roast pork), beans and rice with an order of tostones (fried plantains). All delicious. The dipping sauce for the plantains is addictive. Good portions and, in fact, took half my meal home and did NOT share it with my husband. It was too good. Looking forward to trying the chicken. The atmosphere is super casual, only cash is accepted (although there is an ATM), the wait staff is terse and brief (not rude - just getting the job done). The food is the star here.

• Visited June 2012
Buffalo, New York
“Simple, but craving-inducing puerto rican fare!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Fell in love with their rotisserie chicken upon first bite. The chicken coupled with the rice and beans and one of the best pastelillos (fried dough pockets with spiced ground beef) in town...is something I seriously yearn for whenever the thought of it comes to mind! Fried pork was very good, but it doesn't re-heat very well, nor do the plantains...which seem to dry out as soon as the get cold. Do try the garlic dipping sauce with those plantains if you get them, though. I haven't tried much else, since I am stuck on the things I love. Whatever I order though, I like to wash it down with a cup of the parcha (passionfruit) drink from the fountain.

I like how the prices (which are totally reasonable) are set so that when tax is added, the total is an even dollar amount. The setting is that of a simple diner, with a busy family kitchen. Chickens are roasted to perfection and sold fairly quickly in a place that offers seating, yet always has a line for take-out. Not too much for vegans, but the large rice and beans with sauce is 8 dollars and will last one person at least a day.

A must try if you are a fan of puerto rican food or just a fan of chicken. Close to the Peace Bridge and D'Youville College on the northeast corner of Niagara / Pennsylvania.

• Visited April 2012