“Favorite Buffalo Restaurant Outside of NYC”
Review of Fiamma Steak House - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Starin
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Another lovely meal was eaten Thanksgiving week at the Fiamma Steak House on Hertel Avenue. I visit Buffalo at least 3 or 4 times a year. Three years ago I first ate at Fiamma and have returned each time I’m in Buffalo. Though this place is noted for their steaks (my relatives love their beef), I do not eat red meat or shell fish. I love their broiled salmon and always look forward to it (at home, my salmon dishes never match their quality). But this last visit, I tried Mahi Mahi and was not disappointed. Like the salmon, the Mahi Mahi was flaky (or is the word, tender), seasoned simply to bring out the fish’s flavor with vegetables and a sauce that compliment both.

On top of that, I have to give additional kudos to Fiamma’s chef(s). I have some serious food allergies and their chef(s) have always accommodated my issues to modify the entrée. Usually, at all restaurants, at least one of my allergens is an entrée ingredient. Some restaurants are at a loss to provide an entrée that I could eat, even in New York City. And yet, despite a change in their planned menu, Fiamma has always been able to create superb meals without a hassle or decrease in quality. The waiter always consults the chef and whenever there has been a question of safety or just simply the taste, I am informed. Thank you.

Family and friends heartily enjoy their filet mignon, strip steak, chopped salad, baked potatoes and cheesecakes. Since I now have to avoid gluten, I sadly miss eating their breads.

The staff has always been friendly and helpful. Music was set at a low volume so you’re able to talk, whether it’s a table for two or a table six. Fiamma is probably one of the nicest restaurants in Buffalo. I always look forward to dining there. BTW, though it’s a formal place, I and my friends have been casually dressed (as in casual business dress) and always experienced excellent service.

1  Thank PixelEye

Reviewed April 6, 2009

Unbelievably bad value for an outrageous amount of money. My gristly strip steak could have been had (and better) at Applebee's for 1/3 of the price. Adding insult to injury, Worcestershire sauce was $2 extra. The creamed spinach must have had a whole head of raw garlic in it, the sound system (playing awful, distracting "music") was the tinniest I've heard outside of a drive-through window. Service was Neanderthal and inattentive (except for the busboy who kept grabbing my water glass by the rim). Complaints about the food to "management" were fruitless. I would never repeat this mistake.

Reviewed December 21, 2008

This has easily become our favorite place for a special night out in Buffalo. The service is fantastic, the ambience is nice and the food is the best. We've had their filet and Cowboy (ribeye) steaks on separate occasions and both were tender and tasty. Several of their features are just classic steakhouse items; chop salad, soups, baked/mashed potatoes, flourless chocolate cake and of course steaks, but everything is done well. The last time we were treated to their apple & cheese hashbrown side. It was crispy goodness, filled with warm apple and cheddar cheese. We've since recreated it at home and calories aside, it just tastes good. We can't wait for our next chance for another special dinner here.

1  Thank Jason_WNY
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 4, 2008

Everything was great. Food is a la carte. Great service!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook