“AVOID AVOID”

Cross street: Starin
Buffalo, NY
“AVOID AVOID”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and I went to Fiamma for our anniversary and we were completely disappointed. Most critical was management’s complete lack of attention to our problems. When we arrived we were placed in the upstairs dinning room, which is a very simple room. Not what we were expecting from this restaurant. Our local Olive Garden has more ambiance. After we were seated we had to wait for about 10 mins before anyone was ready to speak with us about our drink orders, etc. We split a crab cake appetizer and it was good and we both ordered NY strip steak for a main course. My wife’s steak was full of grizzle and my steak, ordered Pittsburg rare, was not properly prepared. When we pointed out grizzle in my wife’s steak to our waiter just shrugged his shoulders and disappeared. I asked my waiter when I placed my order if they could prepare steak Pittsburg rare and he assured me that they could. Apparently this restaurant does not know (or is not capable) of making steak Pittsburg rare. When our dinner was about half over, the “entertainment” part of our dinning experience at Fiamma began. The staff started to break down some the tables in the dinning room and to set up a room divider while we were eating. Fiamma planned to use part of the up stairs dinning room for a private party and they thought we would like to watch them set up. Our waiter apologized for the noise and took the price for our desert off the bill. But by then the evening was completely ruined. The manager never made any attempt to speak with us, even though we raised the issue about my wife’s steak and I am sure he was aware of the entertainment we were watching. I assume he was too busy with his more important customers. We will never eat at this restaurant again and strongly suggest your avoid this place. There are many other fine restaurants in the Buffalo area.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank niagarariverfatman

buffalo
“Perfect 2x”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We visited Fiamma last week for my wifes Birthday. This was our second time at the restaurant and the food was perfect both times. We started our meal with the meatball salad to share... this could be one of the best app/salads we have ever had. Its 2 huge meatballs stuffed with motz topped with an arugula salad over a bed of house made marinara. For our entrees I ordered the strip steak "au poivre" rare and my wife ordered the filet "in the grass" medium. Both the steaks were cooked perfectly to order and had amazing flavor. The service is also top notch... I can’t remember our servers name but he was very attentive without disrupting out night out. All in all a great experience if you want great food and service and don’t mind paying for it

• Visited August 2011
“The Pros & Cons”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have been here numerous times in the past and loved it everytime, which is why I chose to take my boyfriend here to celebrate his birthday. We invited another couple to join us. Our waiter Matt, was extremely friendly and professional, with a vast knowledge of the entrees, specials,and beverage choices. Between my boyfriend and I, I can not say enough about our meal. The filet mignon was perfect, as well as, my cesear salad, and dinner sides. Unfortunately, the other couple who joined us did not have such a pleasant experience. Between the two of them, their entrees were sent back three different times. They received steak that was undercooked, and steak that was overcooked. To finalize, my boyfriend and I would most definetely return.

• Visited August 2011
Buffalo, New York
“Comfort food at its finest”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Went to Fiamma on a Friday night. It was a later reso so I didn't have to deal with a super busy restaurant. I have eaten there several times in the past and have never reviewed them. I have always had a good experience there. More often I have sat at the bar and ordered apps and wine. This trip I sat in the main dining area which is not overly big, which I like. The buser started us off with water service. I opted for a btl of Pellegrino. Came with very fresh lemons and limes. Then ordered a half bottle of wine.(the wine list is decent). Then the amazing bread topped with olive tapenade came next. Loved it. As for the meal. Most people who visit Fiamma go for the steaks and service. This may sound crazy, but you have to trust me on this one: They have the best fried chicken in WNY! When I come here I always order the chicken. I have had the steaks and they are good, but you can get good steaks at a lot of places. We ordered the app special which were bite size fried risotto balls which came with a pesto aioli dipping sauce. Great presentation in a small fry basket. They were super moist and melted in my mouth. Then came the chopped salad which I split. If you have never had the chopped salad here, its my favorite salad bar none from anywhere I've ever been. It has bacon and blue cheese, nuff said. I of course ordered the buttermilk fried chicken with sage gravy and sides of brussel sprouts and mac n cheese (my other favorite dish here). My spouse ordered the sole. They also had fresh creamed corn but I had no room for more food even though it looked incredible. So the food came, and just like always, it was so so good. I asked the server how often people order the chicken and he told me that most people are embarrassed to order it. It is the cheapest entree on the menu at $19. But, you are doing yourself a disservice if you like fried chicken and don't order it. Seriously its a good meal. Chopped salad, fried chicken and mac n cheese. Get these three things together and that's all you will need. Trust me on this....

• Visited July 2011
Buffalo, New York
“Great atmosphere for a very good steak dinner”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

Our steaks were yummy. The filet was very good. The mac & cheese side is excellent.

We enjoyed the atmosphere of eating on the first floor near the window watching the rain come down on a not that busy Wednesday night.

Fiamma has complimentary valet parking, so you don't have to worry where you're going to park.

We looked on their website at the menu before we went to dinner. After arriving at Fiamma we were disappointed to see the prices on website inaccurately low, 12 oz filet is now $39.00 and some of other steaks were more too. The two sides we got garlic mashed and mac & cheese were the same price. Although the menu on the website needs to be updated, they at least have the specials in print so there are no surprises like the game the Buffalo Chophouse likes to play.

This was our first visit and we will most likely be coming back when we feel like having an expensive dinner.

• Visited May 2011