“Loved it. ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lake Effect Diner
Ranked #44 of 1,026 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: This diner is a circa 1952 Mountain View Diner Vin. #446. It was saved from demolition and moved from Wayne, Pennsylvania to Buffalo in 2001. Restored and equipped with a modern state of the art kitchen and knowledgeable and passionate staff, the Lake effect continues to humbly serve wholesome and fresh locally procured ingredients prepared the way they should be.....from scratch! From field to fork, our facility makes artisanal fresh, cured and smoked meats. Eggs are delivered from the Kreher Family Farm right up the road. All bread is baked fresh in house daily.
Lombard, Illinois
“Loved it. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here with my kids due to the food network show. It is one of my favorites from the show. The building is cool. And all four meals that we ordered were great. A good place to stop in to.

Perth Amboy, New Jersey
“Great food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I came to have brunch before heading over to Niagara Falls. I was impressed when I read that they used local ingredients so I wanted to check it out. We were seated by the counter and served by the manager. My husband had the eggs benedict and I had a Greek omelet. We also tried the potato pancakes and the in-house smoked ham, which was really tasty. Everything came out hot and fresh and was nicely seasoned. Try their fresh squeezed orange juice too!

• Visited May 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Yes, it looks like an old fashioned diner. Not the dirtiest, but also not the cleanest place I've ever been in. It was a hot day, but no air conditioning, which was what we were looking for. My burger was delicious and my companion enjoyed her meal, but I thought it was overpriced for what we got. In the Buffalo area, go to any Greek style restaurant to get a true diner experience, and pay alot less.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
chicago
“Retro look. Great tastes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in based on review. Love the old time diner look and feel. Food is outstanding and locally sourced. Buffalo chicken wrap was tasty as were potato pancakes. Every item we saw looked good and you could tell all the diners were happy.

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great Service, Food and I Fell in Love with the Waitress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Just a random stop while in Buffalo.
Excellent service, very good food, great presentation on all food items, and price is good.
I think I am in love with the waitress.

• Visited May 2014