“Treat Yourself to Breakfast at Betty's”
Review of Betty's

Betty's
Ranked #22 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Betty's is located in an historic building in the colorful Allentown neighborhood in Buffalo. A large part of its ambiance is created by exhibits of the work of local artists, which change every two months.Our full service bar features New York State distilled spirits, an interesting and well-rounded wine and beer list and special seasonal cocktails. While famous for its Sunday brunch, Betty's is also a popular place for dinner for pre-theater and pre-symphony patrons, for business breakfasts and lunches and for special family occasions.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

A friend recommended Betty's in downtown Buffalo for a special breakfast treat, and after my experience there this weekend, I couldn't be more pleased to write this review. Two of us decided to meet for breakfast and arrived at Betty's around 10:30am. We were seated immediately by a friendly hostess in the cozy side room that was fairly full. The menu is not very extensive, but it changes all the time and is full of homemade dishes that you don't see everywhere. I took advantage of this by ordering a blueberry french toast casserole (blueberry french toast layered with sweet cream cheese and almonds, topped with a streusel topping and baked to a gooey perfection) and a side of homefries (crisped up in a blend of spices with my addition of hot sauce). A big slice of casserole towered over the plate, which was garnished with a generous side of fresh fruit. The service was great - our waitress knew it was our first time there, so she made some recommendations to us and, after ordering, brought our food quickly. She was friendly and attentive, but not TOO attentive. We never felt our conversation was being interrupted by her continued check-ins - she filled our coffee and tea as it got low, and otherwise checked in on us the perfect amount so we felt comfortable but not rushed. By the end of our meal, the waiting area had filled with guests waiting to be sat, but again our server never made us feel rushed to leave. We were very pleased with the meal in general - the portions were great, the price was reasonable, and the atmosphere was the perfect complement to a sunny weekend. I am excited to go back and see the new menu items Betty's serves up for "blunch."

There are newer reviews for Betty's

Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Bettys is in a cute little building on the corner that captivates all of yous senses when you drive up. Its such a cute place and you can smell the good food. There was a short wait, but the service is fast and friendly. I love that they have "blunch" as I am not much for breakfast food but my husband is. The food was the perfect meal to get our bellies full. If you are in Buffalo, its worth a stop!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went for Restaurant Week. The selection of dinners was very good, good variety. We had the Balinese Chicken and Tuscan Beef Stew. They came with soup or salad, we had one of each. Salad was fresh and crisp, excellent miso dressing. The soup was Golden Apple Chicken though there was at least one other choice included. Also came with a glass of wine for each of us. The stew was very good. Tender, flavorful and generous (but not ridiculous) portion. The risotto was made well. The Balinese chicken was very good. The sauce had tremendous flavor but was smooth and silky. It says it was made with thai chiles so I wish it had a little kick to it. But excellent nonetheless. And the service was great. Our server was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. We had a really nice dinner. I was glad to have a good choice of food for Restaurant Week. We a avoided going to some places because the meal was not a showcase of their food (pasta and sauce with a meatball? How is that going to lure me in when you are known for other dishes?) . Betty's is consistently good and the menu that week was a good sample if you've never been there.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

This place was amazing! My bf did do some hmwk before taking me there and OMG was i impressed. The ambiance was nice and comfortable. We picked a window seat which was not bad. We were taken to the dining room at first but they place was not completely full so we got to chose our seats. Service was great. As soon as we sat down, we got water, a few mins later they came to ask what we want to drink. The service we got afterwards kept up as well. For those who drink coffee, you will love it, they come around so often refilling your coffee that you will never have to ask for a refill. We tried their omelette and it was AMAZING. I'm pretty picky with my potatoes and even that was done great. The portion was huge as well.

Overall: Very impressed with both the food and the service. Will definitely return and recommend

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Had dinner there last week. This was my 4th time for dinner and I have loved it every time. The food is fabulous!!! Had the maple glazed salmon and tried my friend's spaghetti squash entre. They were both heavenly!! Nice atmosphere too, great waiters.