“Food sucks”
Review of Templeton Landing

Templeton Landing
Reserve with OpenTable
Templeton Landing is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Erie St.
Transit: 2 blocks away
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Staff sucks....and food sucks... view is blocked by bar where bartenders are more interested in hooking up than serving... there that should be 100 characters.....

4  Thank UpstateNYSunbeam
There are newer reviews for Templeton Landing

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Templeton Landing is located down at the Buffalo Waterfront and is located directly on the Marina.

They have a very nice deck directly on the pier. Unfortunately we ate inside as the wind had picked up a bit and it was a bit too warm outside!!

They have a nice and varied menu and daily specials. The fresh sea food is very good as I had a half dozen oysters.

The only negative was the slow service...you could almost 'die-of-hunger' while waiting for the server to bring your food!!

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Have dined here several times, mainly because the location is great, the view of the water is beautiful and we can dock our boat there..Having said that, this is not a place to go to if you are hungry. Service can be VERY VERY slow... We have waited 25 minutes just to get drinks.. And mind you , the wine ( price was $10.25 for a glass ) was brought in a small plastic cup. When I asked the server why the others around me were given glass wine glasses, she said the policy is to serve it in a plastic cup unless the person asks for a wine glass.. WHO KNEW??!! It has taken as long as 1 1/2 hours before any food arrived. One one occasion we got tired of waiting and left, prior to even giving a drink order. The food is okay, not great. I"ve had the caeser salad .. overloaded with dressing and seemed to be lacking in crispness.. Must have sat for awhile with the dressing on it. The crab cakes are the best thing I've had on the menu. It is a shame that such a lovely location with such great potential cannot get the service going smoothly, and a better chef...

Reviewed July 17, 2012

First time at Templeton Landing. We had 8 PM reservations but did not get seated until 8:45 PM after we asked the host to see where we were on the list. They were very busy for a Saturday night. Service was extremely slow but we were not in any hurry as we were just enjoying the night. Our server, Kaitlin was very good, friendly and accommodating. My first "glass" of wine was served in a small clear plastic 6 oz cup. I never drink wine from plastic cups! When our server asked me if I wanted another glass of wine, I said yes...a GLASS of wine would be nice. She said it was policy for plastic to be served on the patio but did bring me a very large GLASS of wine. The appetizer (artichoke/parm dip) had no flavor until we added salt. That being said, the rest of our meal was fantastic. Prime rib done perfectly, filet and lobster tails wonderful. Artichoke/pea and mashed potatoes sides very nice. I was disappointed that a salad was not included with the meal, we did not order for the extra price. However, the bread basked was very nice. We did not order dessert. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant especially in the summer when you can sit outside. The view is perfect. No bugs. Warm breeze off the water. There was live music off to the side of the patio. Nice music, but too loud and too much base. We did hear others comment about this as well. Anyway, we are planning to return with our son at a future date.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

air conditioning was not working, my daughter got instantly sick from her meals, our were late and cold.