“What a nice relaxing dinner on a beautiful night.”
Review of TEMPO

TEMPO
Reserve with OpenTable
TEMPO is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 1,037 Restaurants in Buffalo
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Allen Street
Description: A formal dining experience, Tempo offers entrees ranging from $20-$50.
Green Lake, Wisconsin, United States
“What a nice relaxing dinner on a beautiful night.”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife typed "Best Restaurant in Buffalo" and Temp came up, so we had pretty high expectations. We were not disappointed.
We started with the mussels, and they were great. They not only were the best tasting we ever had, but they were perfectly cooked. Tender and flavorful to the point that I wanted a straw to finish the stock. The baguette they offered worked great to soak up the wonderful stock in the bowl.
For the next course I had the Lobster bisque and my wife had the Cesar Salad. The bisque was very good, my wife loved the salad.
For the main course my wife had the Diver scallops and I had the pasta bolognese. The Scallops were cooked perfectly and the pea risotto was a great pairing. My wife did not eat the bacon around the scallops and she gave that to me and it tasted incredible. The bolognese sauce was very good, there was a nice balance of meat and pasta.
Reading some of the other reviews they mentioned that the staff was kind of snooty, they must have changed staff since then. We were not dressed up at all and we were made to feel comfortable right away. The Maître d stopped at our table a couple of times to chat and see if we needed anything. After dinner we sat at the bar and talked to the bartender, and our waiter stopped to talk on his way past. Everybody seemed really nice. If we lived in Buffalo this would be one of our go to places.

• Visited April 2013

Hamburg, New York
“Buffalo Staple!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great food, excellent wine list and if it's not on the menu the way you want; just ask! Service is superior! Ask for Charlie!!

Visited April 2013
Toronto
“Fantastic food and ambiance!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A couple of weeks ago, we tried to book a meal for a Saturday evening and the website told us that they were full. So we called the restaurant directly and they were able to accommodate our party of two. Everything in this restaurant is superlative, from the warm welcome, to the final goodbye. Every dish is a pleasure to discover. We had a rib-eye steak to die for, and the tiramisu was made to perfection. This is by far one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten at. We also followed a previous critic who recommended asking for the middle room. The first room contains the bar, and can be loud when large parties wait for their seating. Our Chilean waiter was charming and accommodating, everything a good waiter should be. Bravo.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ReneeQS
Austin, Texas
“Food is great and worth the price”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I ended up going to Tempo for a business dinner based upon the local host's suggestion. The previous reviews give you a good idea of the atmosphere and service, so I'll just focus on the food since there were four of us:

The group appetizer was the fried calamari and was excellent. It has a light batter (not greasy at all) and is served with a fair amount of greens (arugula) so it almost feels like you're eating a salad... everyone liked it.

For the second course, we had two orders of the lobster bisque and two Cesare salads. The bisque was excellent with large pieces of lobster and was creamy without feeling too heavy. The clients liked the salads, but I can't say they were as impressed as those of us that got the soup.

We ordered two Chicken cutlet alla Milanese, one Grilled Whole Bronzino Fish and one Pan Roasted Atlantic Salmon, The chicken cutlets are huge and both guys ended up taking home leftovers. I had the Bronzino fish which was flaky and it went really well with the accompanying mashed potatoes and peppers (FYI - it says it is Bronzino is whole, but they do remove the head for those of you that don't like that sort of thing). The guy who ordered the salmon didn't talk much that night, but he finished it so I'm assuming it is good as well.

For dessert we ordered some drinks (scotch, Bailey's, etc.) along with some cannoli's and chocolate cake. There are two large cannoli, so you can split them if you want and the slice of chocolate cake was also huge (3-4 layer), so that ended up being taken home as leftovers also.

We ended up spending $440 for four people on a four course meal w/multiple rounds of drinks, so I though that was fairly reasonable for great food, excellent service and quiet atmosphere (it was a Tue night, so I don't know how weekends are). I'd definitely go back, but not order so much.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Steve_Shoeless
Fort Wayne
“Amazing dining experience!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

When I learned I had to travel to Buffalo for business on Valentine's Day, I decided to drag my hubby along. I did my research and settled on Tempo. It lived up to my expectations. Greeted by friendly folks, and immediately taken to our table upstairs by a fireplace. Atmosphere was warm and cozy and at the same time elegant. Service was outstanding! Relaxed and enjoyable. We started with oyster oths. Very tasty. Hubby got bone-in ribeye. Said it was the best steak he ever had. I ordered the lobster risotto. It was outstanding. We shared a peanut butter bomb for desert. Yummy! If you have to be in Buffalo in february, Tempo is a must!