“Good food but poor timing”

Pho Dollar Vietnamese Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #151 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We enjoy the food very much but we didn't enjoy the waiting game. We order an appetizer and two entree. Appetizer came within 10-15 mins, then my husband dried middle plate was served 10 mins after appetizer. However my pho plate took an additional 15 mins before I got it. Apparently there was a line of plate waiting for soup. I know this is a relatively new place, but if you're in the business of selling noodle soup you must be able to meet the demand of the soup. What I learn is that they don't keep their soup all the time, but only to reheat the soup every time someone order the dish. That's not very time efficient if you have 15 orders of pho and having to wait 30 mins for the soup to be warm up. Once I got my soup it was barely warm because when I put in the bean sprout it never really cooked it. I had to send it back to be reheat in the microwave.
Please don't got me wrong by this lengthy message. I enjoyed their food and service very much. But I just think they need to think about alternative method to be more efficient with serving time.

There are newer reviews for Pho Dollar Vietnamese Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Just returned from lunch at Dollar Pho. YUM! What a great bowl of soup. The broth was excellent, lots of flavor and not greasy at all. I had the noodle soup with well done brisket. A plate of veggies supplied to add as you wish- included basil, jalepeno slices, lime, bean sprouts. As well as 2 degrees of hot chili sauce, soy and hoison supplied. Delicious. My husband had an order of shrimp spring rolls which were very fresh tasting. He also had a a banh mi with beef bbq. It was small but delicious. The atmosphere is so clean and fresh. I highly recommend coming for a sit down meal or take out. Can't wait to go back to try more off the huge menu.