“Can't Wait to Come Back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Dolce Vita Caffe & Bistro - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
East Amherst
“Can't Wait to Come Back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

I live in the suburbs and like to have dinner when we come into Buffalo for art and theater events. My husband and I had very tasty, well prepared dinners. I enjoy vegetables and had a pasta dish that included sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, lots of artichokes, and pasta all topped with goat cheese. It was the best pasta dish I had in years! The bread served with it was perfect...warm and soft on the inside with a nice crisp crust! My husband had pork tenderloin prepared to perfection. He swapped the sweet potatoes for garlic mashed and commented that he was pleased they didn't include the peel. Not a vegetable lover, he remarked how tasty the sauteed spinach was. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. We had a pleasant night and are pleased to recommend La Dolce Vita.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Shirley V

Buffalo, New York, United States
“La Dolce Vita -attitude stinks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Four of us went to an early dinner at La Dolce Vita on a Friday evening.
After good experiences in the past few years here, I was quite disappointed on recent visits.

Firstly doors and windows opened wide made the air-conditioning ineffective. The restaurant was hot and stuffy. Secondly, something smelled bad, like someone was sick or there was some kind of accident in the kitchen.

Two out of our party we had lemonades that tasted like one -watered-down to make two servings. Other beverages we requested were unavailable.

---
Entrees used to come with Soup or Salad. Now there is an extra charge for soup or salad with the meal.
---

My Seafood dish (Pasta Concetta) was all gorgonzola cheese and very little seafood. The dish used to be generous with shrimp and scallops. This time it was a big bowl of cheese.

We each ordered gelatos for dessert which were nice but not made on-site.

The waitress was nice, but the manager seemed to avoid us and didn t inquire as to our experience as he has done in the past. The manager seems to have an attitude problem if you have any kind of concern or issue.

I cannot see returning to La Dolce Vita anytime soon.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Fuzzbear M
“I love la dolce vita”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I love this restaurant. We go once a month. We always have a good meal. We always have great service. Its a place where you slow down to talk and enjoy your meal. Its not a place to wolf down your food because you want to make it to a movie. The owner has always been gracious and accommodating to our needs whether its just the 2 of us or a party of 10.

2 Thank RelaxingRita
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

Had a very enjoyable time, we were greeted and seated by the owner Ross. Service was quick and attentive and portions are huge. We both got pasta and you could tell it was all made from scratch. My wife got Fettuccine Della Nonna which had lots of prosciutto and goat cheese, we both thought it was excellent. I got the Pasta alla Julianna which was also very good. If you're looking for a nice, quiet, affordable night out this a great choice.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank jerkstore92
“Never again!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

I dined at La Dolce Vita tonight with 2 friends, we had a 50% off of a $100 dinner bill, which we used. Our portion to pay was $58, and we left $69. The service was bad, we had to ask 3 times for our check and explained that we were trying to make it to a movie, the beverages were forgotten and the server never checked in on us.
The owner chased us down after we left and said that we didn't leave enough tip! Excuse me? Since when is it an obligation to tip? He said we were supposed to tip on the TOTAL bill, not our portion. He didn't ask us how the meal was, how the service was or if how we enjoyed our experience - he literally just chased us down to inquire if we forgot to tip more! Needless to say we will never go there again. Spend your time and money on a restaurant that wants your business and wants to do a good job, not just wants a tip!

• Visited February 2011