“Beautiful Park” 4 of 5 bubbles

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

Spent a half-hour walking around and taking great photos of this outstanding park. What a gem! Native Buffalonians should be proud that they have such an outstanding recreation area. Would have loved to ride my bike throughout the entire park.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank DSJSJCA

Houston, Texas
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Very pretty fall foliage at Hoyt Lake in Delaware Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

I did not see much of the park, but it is steps from Elmwood Street museums and a nice place to rest. The trees surrounding the lake were very pretty, and it was uncrowded. I've seen the exact place I saw in magazines advertising upstate New York, so trust me when I say it was surprisingly lovely for something I happened to stumble upon.

1 Thank Darshan1
Earth, Texas
“Huge Park, No Signs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2005

I just came back from searching for a big event that's been advertised on Animal Planet for months, supposedly to be held in Delaware Park. The event is Animal Planet Expo, which from the description should be a huge thing, taking up lots of room in the park. It SHOULD be easy to see from any of the roads passing the park, and there SHOULD be signs posted pointing the way. Well, we drove around in circles through every possible path around the mile-by-half a mile of parkland, but saw NOTHING! Not a single sign pointing the way to the Animal Planet Expo. I don't drive into Buffalo much, and that is exactly one reason I avoid that pus-boil: They don't want outsiders to know where anything is! Delaware Park is a huge expanse of land, so you really need to know your way around it if you want to find something in particular. I have arthritis in my hip, so I didn't want to try finding the site by walking until I stumbled into it. Animal Planet advertised that kids and pets are welcome, but Buffalo didn't seem to be doing a very good job of welcoming children or animals. We saw people with their animals wandering around looking as lost as we were, wondering where this huge event was supposed to be. Oh, sure, the animals got to go to the park for a walk, but their human companions were HOPING for something more special. I'm just glad my mom & dad were unable to bring their puppy like they were planning. It's a 3 hour drive to Buffalo for them, but they love Animal Planet, so they really hoped to be there. They were disappointed when my dad's health prevented them from making the long drive, but I guess they were lucky after all. They would have been even more disappointed if they had made that long trip only to drive in circles for an hour, wondering where exactly this big event is supposed to be located. I say Buffalo is NOT worth a special trip. They do NOT like outsiders there.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Fitness Playground”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2005

If you are looking for a great place to relax or get your body in shape, this is the place to visit. It is a great place to play tennis, golf, basketball, jog, picnic, or sunbathe. Be sure to stop by while visiting the city of Buffalo.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member