“Lovely evening on the patio”

Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,052 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin
Description: Bacchus wine bar and restaurant is located in the historic Calumet building in the heart of Buffalo's entertainment district. A seasonal menu highlights the best available ingredients from local and regional farms. Together with our Wine Spectator award winning wine list, this elegant yet casual restaurant has continually been ranked as one of Buffalo's best
Oberlin, Ohio
“Lovely evening on the patio”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We decided on all small plates for dinner. Everything was deliciously prepared and artfully presented. Excellent service. The patio could use a few plants to create a garden atmosphere.

Visited July 2014

Ontario
“Pleasant place to eat”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our family of seven adults went to this restaurant to celebrate my husband's birthday. The staff were pleasant and efficient. All the meals were great, except for one. Do not order the rack of lamb!! My husband and my son had the tuna and they said it was fantastic. My daughter and grand-daughter had the chicken, which they thoroughly enjoyed. My daughter-in-law had the fillet which she enjoyed. My other daughter had the ravioli and she enjoyed it. However, my rack of lamb was a disappointment. It was tough and not enjoyable. I passed part of it on to my son and my husband and they agreed that it was not a good piece of meat. The manager removed the cost of the lamb from our bill. I would not hesitate to return to this restaurant but I would just avoid the lamb. The ambiance, the pleasant staff, and the other meals more than made up for the lamb.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank PleasantOntario
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Nice wine list, friendly staff”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We sat at the bar and had appetizers and wine. Perfect for the two of us. The Shrimp and Calamari was AWESOME!
Very popular around 7-8 so make reservations, especially on weekends!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Vikes57
Los Angeles
“Incredible experience!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This restaurant in downtown Buffalo is easily one of the best I have encountered in all of my travels. I have lived in NY and LA and Brian Mietus, head chef and owner, has done a wonderful thing here. The care and art expressed thru the delicious meals shine thru every bite. The plates are interesting and palate inspiring. As you might guess, they have an excellent selection of wine and the ambiance is wonderful. Service is top notch, every need addressed. Looking forward to going back for one of their outdoor patio movie/theme nights this summer!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Kelley P
Endwell, New York
“Enjoy an excellent dining experience in downtown Buffalo”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We had a terrific dinner at Bacchus, and will happily return there. Food and service are excellent. We really enjoyed the roasted beet salad, pecan crusted Atlantic salmon, and the Bouillabaisse. Great wine list. A great dinner choice in downtown Buffalo. Free valet parking is available.

• Visited May 2014