“Nice wine list, friendly staff”

Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,042 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin
Description: Bacchus wine bar and restaurant is located in the historic Calumet building in the heart of Buffalo's entertainment district. A seasonal menu highlights the best available ingredients from local and regional farms. Together with our Wine Spectator award winning wine list, this elegant yet casual restaurant has continually been ranked as one of Buffalo's best
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Nice wine list, friendly staff”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We sat at the bar and had appetizers and wine. Perfect for the two of us. The Shrimp and Calamari was AWESOME!
Very popular around 7-8 so make reservations, especially on weekends!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Vikes57

Los Angeles
“Incredible experience!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This restaurant in downtown Buffalo is easily one of the best I have encountered in all of my travels. I have lived in NY and LA and Brian Mietus, head chef and owner, has done a wonderful thing here. The care and art expressed thru the delicious meals shine thru every bite. The plates are interesting and palate inspiring. As you might guess, they have an excellent selection of wine and the ambiance is wonderful. Service is top notch, every need addressed. Looking forward to going back for one of their outdoor patio movie/theme nights this summer!

1 Thank Kelley P
Endwell, New York
“Enjoy an excellent dining experience in downtown Buffalo”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We had a terrific dinner at Bacchus, and will happily return there. Food and service are excellent. We really enjoyed the roasted beet salad, pecan crusted Atlantic salmon, and the Bouillabaisse. Great wine list. A great dinner choice in downtown Buffalo. Free valet parking is available.

1 Thank Ellen B
Amherst, New York, United States
“Wonderful Lunch”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This restaurant just opened for lunch this week and I wanted to be one of the first to try it. We went on a Friday and reservations weren't a problem, The service was fast and the waitress was very nice and accommodating. The menu had a variety of choices to chose from. I had the soft shell crab sandwich and it was very good. I just might have added a little garlic to the soft shell crab that was panko breaded. My friend had the cuban sandwich and it was excellent. I took a bowl of the french onion soup to go for my lunch the next day. I couldn't wait to try it. Well, after I heated it up in the microwave, I peaked under the layer of bread and cheese and there was a wonderful mound of the most tender short rib meat I have ever had. I would have called it short ribs with french onion soup instead of french onion soup with short ribs. We would definitely go back and order the same thing again.

2 Thank Patricia B
Allentown, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had dinner and drinks multiple nights with friends after the NCAA games. Food ,Staff and atmosphere was excellent .Would highly recommend making reservations and having dinner .
Thanks -Go SU