“Always fabulous!”

Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Franklin
Description: Bacchus wine bar and restaurant is located in the historic Calumet building in the heart of Buffalo's entertainment district. A seasonal menu highlights the best available ingredients from local and regional farms. Together with our Wine Spectator award winning wine list, this elegant yet casual restaurant has continually been ranked as one of Buffalo's best
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a true dining experience!!! I first came to Bacchus as recommended by a co-worker and I wasn't disappointed. I'm often nervous that something will happen, the food will change, the atmosphere will be different... no no.. it's always that little piece of heaven I'm hoping it is. DEF must try the free range chicken! To dieeeee for! It will make you question every piece of chicken you put in your mouth from that day forward!

There are newer reviews for Bacchus Wine Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I found this place when he was living in the area, and we loved it. Since he moved we haven't been back, but when I was in the area with my mother recently we went. And it's just as amazing as I remember!

Cute atmosphere, amazing wine selection and delicious food. The mushroom soup special was amazing like I remember, as we're the small plates we tried. Our entrees were also great - I had the chicken. Only issue was the buttermilk dressing on it - a little overpowering.

Ultimately a great place for a nice night out. I hope to return again soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The atmosphere was elegant, the food was to die for, & the serve was great. Never know this restaurant was on W. Chippewa St. I'm so glad I googled it! I will definitely recommend it to friends and family. I will also be going back very soon. A friend and I that went here the other night will be taking a friend of ours for her retirement.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I haven't been to Bacchus for a few years, but those years haven't been so kind to this downtown Buffalo eatery. The wine service was fine, but to have to stand at the hostess station and wait until our table was set in a half empty restaurant was not. Overall, the place felt lively, and service was friendly, but slo..ow. And the food, besides a top-noth Caeser, was just okay.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our party of six had a wonderful experience here. Service was great, and all of the food was delicious. Everybody loved what they ordered. Some ordered small plates, and others ordered large plates. Everyone was happy. The only criticism, and it's a minor one, is that they were out of the Gruner Veltliner wine they nornmally have available by the glass. The small plates we ordered included three different salads - Caesar, pear, and wilted spinach. I loved the wilted spinach salad! Other small plates included tuna tartare, steak (carpaccio) and eggs, and calamari. Large plates included Ahi tuna, duck, and a vegetarian pasta entree. Again, everything was great.