“Suprised!”

Ranked #29 of 1,153 Restaurants in Buffalo
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2018

Well, I know this place has been aro9und for YEARS, but never ate there. My daughter id the other night and said I had to go there for my birthday. So we did. When we walked in I was surprised at how large it was, really opened up. Were seated right away and waitress was right there to take drink order. Not really being drinkers, we just ordered soft drinks and I was a little set back that the glasses were so small, and they don't supply straws. I do want to know that they do give refills, but I really don't like drinking out of a glass the rest of the city has also used!! We ordered French Onion soup and wings. Soap came out fast, so I knew that it wasn't going to be HOT and the cheese on top wasn't really baked which makes this soup good. But I could tell it was a good soup by the taste, but would have been 100 X better if it had been hot and baked longer! The wings were another story. These were great. They came out meaty, hot and the sauce was fantastic. Some of the best wings I've had, 5 Stars. Can I have another drink refill please? Over all, the service was good, food was good, but they need to do something about the air conditioning. If you aren't up front, there isn't any!!! Yes, I'd come back.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Gabriel’s Gate has some of the best wings anywhere, period. My wife says these are the best, I give the original Duff’s on Sheridan the nod.

Apart from the wings, this place is kind of outdated. Could use a minor renovation but it does have character. Parking can be tough. Agree with other reviewers that service can be inattentive.

Be advised that they charge for drink refills. Have not seen that in a long time.

The wings overcome all that, though. Go for the wings.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

On August 18th we were in Buffalo visiting family and decided to try Gabriel’s Gate for traditional Buffalo Wings. Unfortunately, we made a mistake. It was the worst restaurant experience I can remember. The bar tender was so rude that I couldn’t stomach the food. I have never experienced such a complete lack of common curtesy at a business establishment. I highly suggest they invest in customer service training. So we went to the Anchor Bar just 1 mile away and had great wings and fantastic service.

3  Thank ManOnWater
Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I was recommended to this restaurant to try their wings. I got there by 5:30 and my first thought was that the wide ranging menu meant mediocre wings but as I looked around the room, lots of patrons were enjoying wings. I ordered a double serving and soon was enjoying the largest, juicy delicious wings in years. Wonderful ! Heavily recommended

Reviewed August 16, 2018

For lunch on the way from the Baseball Hall of Fame to Niagara Falls, Ben and Mrs Too stopped in Buffalo, NY for real buffalo wings. Using TripAdvisor to preselect our dining venues is a boon when planning a trip, with just one reservation. We find it very difficult to decide between ordering photo4.jpg as opposed to trying 20170829__194251_large.jpg . Of course, chicken wings are chicken wings, but with a full menu, the descriptions are hopeless, rendering the photos worthless. Somehow, I seem to recall a TripAdvisor rule that a good description must accompany photos submitted.

In any case, we ordered a large plate of wings and a basket of onion rings. Both were wonderful, and the character of the restaurant is so pronounced that one is almost mesmerized by one’s surroundings. We can’t say with certainty that we will ever be back to Buffalo. If we are, a meal here is a certainty. Even if not, we now know what buffalo wings are supposed to be like.

Rochelle deserves a special thanks for taking such good care of us.

Been to Gabriel's Gate Restaurant? Share your experiences!