“Great steak, no pretense”
Review of EB Green's Steakhouse - CLOSED

EB Green's Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: In 1984, Buffalo developer Paul L. Snyder, Sr. established the top-performing, independently owned steak restaurant in Buffalo, NY. E.B. Green's was created in the tradition of the great American steakhouse - and we've been cultivating our luxurious, cozy aesthetic every day since. Named for renowned New York architect E.B. Green, our Buffalo NY steakhouse has garnered recognition from well-known critics and adventurous diners alike. On our menu, you'll find that our classic dishes aim to complement our high-quality steak and seafood. Start your evening with hand-crafted cocktails from our lounge - we're known for our martinis and our generous wine pours. All of our side dishes are designed to enhance our favorite part of the meal: the meat. E. B. Green's is proud to offer some of the best steak Buffalo NY has to offer. We exclusively source Midwest grain-fed USDA Prime and Choice cuts of beef, which we hand-cut each day. If you're a real gourmand, try our signature Porterhouse steak - it's a meal worth traveling for. We also fly in our seafood and lobster each day to ensure that our food as fresh as possible. Our other mainstays include our bone-in rib eye, rack of lamb, and cold water lobster. Whether you prefer surf or turf, E. B. Green's has something to suit every discerning palate. For the best Steakhouse in Buffalo, NY, come over to EB Green's!
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have eaten at highly regarded steakhouses all over the USA. EB Green's offers a superb steak dinner with attentive, refined and unpretentious service at a reasonable value. Although all the cuts of beef exceed what you can usually obtain yourself, the 'king' of the beef choices here must be the porterhouse for two. I usually order this. It arrives sizzling and succulent on a hot platter, simply and perfectly seasoned to let the prime cut of meat flavors speak for themselves. The bone-in selection and great marbling add just the right flavor. The tenderloin side of the blade is a perfect texture and flavor complement to the 'sirloin' side. My wife and I opt to share this over the prime rib, or other cuts.

The salad is a classic type steakhouse offering, served crisp and chilled, with excellent dressing and tangy crumbled blue cheese offsetting sweet glazed walnuts. Potatoes are served to your liking, again simply seasoned but nicely complementing a classic steak house meal.

Deserts are standard, always well prepared. The servers are experienced, well trained, attentive, but do not fawn or hover.

Compared to similarly priced, or even more costly local or chain premium steak houses, this place offers a generous helping of classic American steak house fare, in a comfortable environment, usually with live piano music in the background. For a business or celabration, or just an indulgence this is my go-to option for downtown Buffalo. Don't miss coupons which can further increase the affordability of your top menu choice!

2  Thank beachman54

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Made a reservation for our anniversary. Was told our choice of table would be waiting. When we arrived, on time, another couple had just been seated and we were told we would have to wait or sit somewhere else. No apology, made us feel we were at fault. Salads were bland, steak sub par considering it is supposed to be #2 in the U.S. Not impressed by any part of the experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

When I want the perfect steak, we always find it at EB Greens. Consistently excellent with sides included. I don't think you could find higher quality anywhere else. Pricey, but worth it!

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Love this place & I don't even eat steak. My husband says that is his favorite steakhouse ever & we've been to a lot. The seafood selection is amazing. It is pricey but you actually get a salad & sides with the meal unlike other places. Truly just a wonderful meal - great ambiance too.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I really enjoy EB Greens and go there 2-3 times a year. The atmosphere is upscale...with Jackie Jocko on the piano greeting guests as they come in. The food is all of high quality....from their salad with candied walnuts, to the garlic breadsticks, to the steaks which are outstanding. Also, the waitstaff is very accommodating. I would highly recommend EB Greens.