“Not a good place for lunch hour”

Larkin Filling Station
Reserve with OpenTable
Larkin Filling Station is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #403 of 1,130 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Filling Station Restaurant, located in Larkin Square, serves lunch weekdays. All food is prepared fresh daily featuring weekly soup, pizza, taco and sandwich specials along with a menu of soups, salads, sandwiches and more. Healthy Choice Options and vegetarian options available. Seasonal patio with outdoor dining. Reservations available along with walk ins. Take out is also available. The weekly menu is posted on the Larkin Square website. The Filling Station is also available for private events, specializing in weekday happy hours. The Filling Station is located in Larkin Square, home to popular public events such as Food Truck Tuesdays, Live at Larkin concerts, author series and more. Larkin Square is located in the heart of a neighborhood undergoing a significant revival. Once home to the Larkin Soap Company. The Larkin District is being transformed through the adaptive rehab and reuse of warehouses and buildings dating to the late 1800's and early 1900's. There is free parking for Larkin Square, The Larkin Filling Station and The Hydraulic Hearth Restaurant & Brewery located across the street from the Filling Station.
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Avoid at lunch unless you have a two hour lunch hour. Been there twice in the last month both times had to wait 45 minutes for food and then had to eat and run to get back to the work within my lunch hour. Not very relaxing. Went a second time thinking first time was a fluke but Happened again. I don't plan on going back unless I go back when I am on vacation when I don't have to worry about the time.

Reviewed April 19, 2017

I attended a dinner meeting here. It was not a typical banquet and small four top tables was a bit odd for a meeting, but it's really all they could do. Also, with a speaker with audio visual equipment, it was a bit tight. The staff was excellent! The food was very good. I chose the pork which was very good. It was accompanied buy pureed vegetables, which I don't really care for. The server was happy to accommodate me with a side dish of pasta primavera which was very good.

Reviewed October 27, 2016

Staff at the Pearce Arrow Museum recommended this place. The exterior is very interesting and I would have been happy if the menu had said something about the buildings history (I suspect that it started out as a filling station) Service was fast and friendly. The menu is kind of small, but I cannot complain about that.

The food was somewhat better than mediocre, certainly NOT excellent. We were not offered a choice of sides to go with our sandwiches. It seems that every sandwich comes with quinoa salad, which is probably OK if you like quinoa. I don't and found that salad to be bland. My sandwich was also a bit on the bland side.

The salads that were delivered to a table near ours looked fantastic, so if I go again, I will try one.

1  Thank JuneNY
Reviewed August 3, 2016

On our way from Niagara Falls and NYC found this restaurant for lunch. One of the best. Great service and great food. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed July 29, 2016

If you go here and do not like it, then there is something wrong with you. Always packed on Food Truck Tuesday's. Have to get there early for a place to set with live music. A myriad of food trucks here. A great place to see some people you haven't seen for awhile. We always enjoy it!