“OK...not great”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Buffalo, New York
“OK...not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went to this restaurant prior to a performance at Shea's. We had been here before and the food was very good...Tonight not so much. We ordered appetizers first. I ordered a "Mexican trio dip". Flavors were average, (cheese dip very thin, guacamole frozen product). Before I was even 1/4 of the way through the appetizer our entrees were placed at the table. My lemon and asparagus shrimp over spinach fettucini had 5 lovely large prawns, but for some unknown reason there were cooked green beans thrown over the top...ruining the delicate flavors of the lemon, caper and asparagus. Also it was poorly seasoned, needing both salt and pepper. Service was poor-fair. The very busy server never asked us about the quality of the food, and after rushing to serve us left us almost 30 minutes after we were finished for our check.

Lewiston, NY
“Convenient Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

A friend and I were attending a performance at Shea's and needed to find a restaurant in close proximity to the theater. We parked in the M&T lot on Washington St and walked through the arcade, which is right next door to the restaurant. Because my friend has mobility issues, this was a great choice. The food is reasonably priced and the service is very friendly and fast. When I made my reservation the hostess asked if I was attending the theater and assured me that there would be ample time, and there was. Never did I feel rushed, even though the restaurant was full.

Buffalo, New York
“Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great restaurant in downtown Buffalo theater district. Salad was perfect and enough for two, Filet was excellent and the Salmon I had was great. Great wine selection and ambiance. Service was impressive but not intrusive and the overall atmosphere was cozy. Catering to the theatre goers and cast members the staff is very aware of curtain times and service is very timely.

tim

Western NY
“Consistent food; Great location for theater goers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

A group of us usually meet at The Bijou before the theater and have been doing so for a couple of years. The food is consistently good, the service friendly and efficient. Even when it's very busy, the staff is well aware of curtain time so being on time for the theater is never a problem. The menu is varied and the prices are reasonable. Since it is located mere steps from Shea's, I'm sure the management could get away with higher prices based on location. But to their credit, the prices are kept at a reasonable level. My particular menu favorite is the smoked turkey sandwich served with delicious sweet potato chips. The lava chocolate cake is divine and enough for two.

• Visited November 2012
Windsor, Canada
“We reccomend it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We found this establishment to have a wonderful atmosphere and excellent menu. Very impressed with the food and service was impecable.

Visited August 2012