“Great food”
Review of Osteria 166

Osteria 166
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 166 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,153 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Osteria has a private room upstairs from the main restaurant and the menu was buffet style, but outstanding. We had an array of Italian appetizers that were what you expected for flavor and presentation in Italian food. The main items of pastas, beef and chicken were cooked perfectly and flavorful. The staff attending to our party was very attentive and professional. I’d definely go back to explore the main restaurant when I am in Buffalo again. Downtown has a lot going on and Osteria should be on your list of places to eat.

Reviewed September 12, 2018

I stopped in for dinner after a conference day and was pleasantly surprised. You walk through the bar to a nice seating area. Our server was super nice and the appetizer bread is amazing. Say yes to these carbs. I also got a dirty martini that was perfectly balanced. The seared salmon over risotto was very flavorful. If you need a place to walk to from nearby hotels or conference center stop in!

Reviewed September 4, 2018

Celebrated my daughters birthday here and could not have been more impressed with the service. Everyone was extremely friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and always smiling. You do not find this kind of service often anymore. Thumbs up to whoever hires and trains this staff. Have been highly recommending to everyone I talk to! Now for the food!! Stuffed pepper risotto sticks as an appetizer were very good. I really enjoyed my chicken un mattone. The rest of my family enjoyed the smoked duck and angel hair, eggplant Parmesan, chicken Parmesan (huge portion), Lamb and Filetto. Only complaint was the eggplant skin was somewhat tough due to how big the pieces were cut. Our server Robert did an outstanding job. Parked on the street. Paid lot right next door. Check this place out. You won't be sorry!!

MrsSumers, General Manager at Osteria 166, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you so much. Thank you for celebrating with us! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Came on a night they had a musician playing and wasn’t too loud that you had to yell over one other. The atmosphere is modern and somewhat minimalist and gives you a hint of Italian culture. Food was delicious and the service was fantastic.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We were seated right away but then waited a long time until I finally had to ask.. so we had time to look around a little and were not impressed with the atmosphere, lighting, decor, and especially the cheap and uncomfortable chairs. Really low end. Food was good, but not good enough to make up for the slow service and lack of atmosphere. Much better choices available in downtown Buffalo.

Been to Osteria 166? Share your experiences!