“Not what I expected ”
Review of Osteria 166

Osteria 166
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 166 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,034 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York
“Not what I expected ”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

From the other reviews I read on trip advisor and other websites we had higher expectations. We ordered the bacatini cabonara and the veal Parmesan. The carbonara could have been hotter and a bit more flavorful. The veal was good, not just the typical pounded thin piece that's all breading, but the pasta was overcooked and therefore a bit mushy. We had the mozzarella and bread app and also a meatball. My companion liked the meatball I'm not a meatball fan so I dont have an opinion. We also ordered the barrata and charred breads it was a generous portion and was ok, again just lacking in flavor a bit. The service was very good, attentive and timely. My only suggestion there as it would be for all servers is that if the women at the table presents her credit card and has the bill next to her that it be brought back to her and not the gentlemen at the table. Overall I would say this restaurant is average at best for an Italian restaurant. Good service, food lacking in flavor.

1 Thank luvtotravel008

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Loudonville, New York
“Great food and service!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My daughter and I were visiting the area for a sporting event and were craving Italian food. My daughter found this restaurant on the GPS. The staff were so genuinely friendly and accommodating. We sat outside in their sidewalk cafe. Great selection of beers and wines. Why should you go to this restaurant?? Because the food is delicious and the cook will accommodate your requests. My daughter was craving chicken parmigiana, but it was not on the menu. The chef made this plate up for her and she said it was the BEST chicken parmigiana she had ever had!

• Visited July 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“Good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was here for dinner with 5 other people. The service was very good. The food is made to order so if you don't like a lot of garlic you can have it made to your taste. I ordered the grilled chicken over angel hair pasta with heirloom tomatoes, fresh basil and garlic. I even asked the waitress if I could have mine with mild garlic. The dish she brought me had orchecetta pasta, and sausage! I asked her about it and she realized she put in the wrong order. She apologized profusely and brought me the dish I ordered. No other recompense was offered such as a free dessert. My dining companions ordered the spaghetti and said the sauce was not the sweet sauce and said it was delicious,

• Visited July 2014
Ellicottville, New York
“Hometown Feel”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My father has been dying to go here, as he grew up with the owner. I found myself in Buffalo with a friend and we decided to check it out. We were impressed the second we walked in with the décor of the restaurant and the table settings. They have an extensive and impressive wine list. We went with a bottle but next time I would do a glass in order to try a few different wines. We got the grilled octopus as an app and it was delicious. I had a seafood fra diavolo that I should not have added crushed red pepper to, as the sauce was spicy enough, but it was to die for. The owner came over after we finished eating and I introduced myself. He was extremely welcoming, pleasant, and enjoyable to talk to. He bought us a round of desserts, and those were absolutely incredible. The restaurant was intimate and cozy, but it also had a very welcoming feel to it, like I had been going there for years. The service was probably the best I've had in Buffalo. I absolutely cannot wait to go back.

• Visited June 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Surprising good”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Three couples went to dinner here before the theater. Liked the bread in a bag and olive oil on the table. Variety of dinners ordered - veal was excellent, eggplant ravioli was very good, crab cake appetizer was good. Special pork chop plate was very good. Seafood stew special was a little disappointing - salty and in a broth not a stew. Gelato for desert was very good. Keylime creme burlee was not warm but was tasty. They have espresso and lattes too. Price was very reasonable for dinner.

• Visited June 2014