“Great Meal and Service”
Review of Osteria 166

Osteria 166
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 166 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Decided to try Osteria for an early dinner with some friends based on Tripadvisor reviews. Very glad we did. Just walking into the place you get a nice feeling. The staff are all extremely friendly and you feel welcome from the moment you open the door. Our waitress was wonderful! She was extremely helpful. Our food was wonderful. Two of us had the Fried chicken and waffles on the advise of our server. It was very good but I thought the breading on the chicken was a little bland. That is the only bad thing I can say about the place. One friend had a sea bass special that she said was good and the other had the eggplant ravioli. She wasn't crazy about the red sauce, but that i personal preference. I had a side of spaghetti so i could at least have something Italian and i thought the red sauce was fine. By the time we left, around 7:30, the place was packed for a Monday night. I really want to go back to try some of the other dishes on the menu. You definately need to try this place!

There are newer reviews for Osteria 166

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I chose Osteria for restaurant week because it had great reviews and it definitely lived up to the hype. The warm bread with dipping oil was amazing. I had the stuffed banana peppers, chicken lasagna & zeppole. Everything was great. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My favorite Italian restaurant in Buffalo. Great food and service.
I loved the grilled octopus and the ravioli

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Nicholas, the owner...his nephew Michael and very personal staff are justly proud of their Italian heritage presenting culinary creative dishes. Try the house burrata as an appetizer, select any one if their fresh green salads (we chose the orange poached beet carpaccio), and a dinner selection such as eggplant and sun dried tomato ravioli and you will be an Osteria fan. Eat at the bar and Nicholas and Michael (and staff) may just treat you and join you to a specialty shot. Ask for a tour of this art deco Osteria (Italian place serving wine and simple food).

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had the pleasure of dining here twice during a business trip to Buffalo. The appetizers are creative, the menu very inventive, and the service was perfect. Will definitely visit again when in Buffalo.