“Good place and great food”
Review of Osteria 166

Osteria 166
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 166 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,052 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Buffalo, New York
“Good place and great food”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We were new to the area and have been living in hotel for almost a week we try to find something that was within walking distance. We came across this on yelp and thought we give try. Base on the review they had many great compliment and -at least 4 stars review. In our experience it was true to it review. The place is a bit dark. Perhap that how they like but I like seeing my food or the person sitting across from me. However we enjoy every bite of our food, my house had a white pizza and I have the fri diavolo (seafood pasta) and the seafood taste amazngly fresh. Portion is good for foody people like us. Overall it was a great place.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
buffalo
“Good Food but...”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Let’s start by saying we picked a crazy busy night with the auto show going on across the street. That being said I will give them a ton of credit. We had a 7pm reservation and were sat as soon as we arrived. The bad part was we requested a corner table and were sat at the only table in the middle of the floor right in front of the back entrance making it extremely cold every time the door opened. Our server arrived promptly to take our drink order and that was it... he didn’t return for about 15 minutes. 3 other tables around us were sat and received drinks and bread service but we had nothing. Finally when he returned to take our order we questioned the special and what was served with them and were told some "beautifully seasoned" mashed potatoes so we both ordered off the specials menu. My wife had a Filet and I had the tomahawk pork chop. Both arrived cooked perfectly as ordered but there were no potatoes. They were served with some unseasoned potato wedges that were very dry and bland. My chop was cooked perfectly and tasted great and the filet had a great char cooked medium rare. The only thing I was looking for a little acid with chop to cut the richness of the pork. All in all the food was very good but the service was a little lacking given the crazy crowd. I will give them a second chance. We will def return and try some of the regular menu items that sounded delicious.

1 Thank EA9
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent prices, excellent service and very good food”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

On a business trip in Buffalo during a snow storm, I stayed close to my hotel for food and went to Osteria 166. The amazingly small amount of $21 (not including tax and tip) got me:
Hot herbal tea
Fresh bread with garlic olive oil for dipping
A large "small" salad with roasted vegetables
A large bowl of Pasta Fagioli soup.
A large Classic Pizza (tomatoes, basil and fresh mozza)
Wow. And it wasn't just a lot of poor or average food, the food was very good, especially the soup. On top of that was excellent service both from the waitress who was genuinely friendly, fast and knowledgeable and from the manager/owner who came by twice to every table to see how things were. This a restaurant that does things right, check it out if you are in the area.

1 Thank Grant J
Victor, New York
“Warm welcome plus good food!”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Took my girlfriend for her birthday dinner and was pleasantly surprised. We had a great time and some very good food. We started off with venison and blueberry sausage. It was very good and I don't like blueberries! We also had oysters on the half shell. Very tasty. We followed that with a lunch size beet salad. Mine had crumbled goat cheese. Very good with truffle oil drizzled over it. I ended my meal with fried shrimp and scallop ravioli, freshly made by the chef, with a creamy lite tomato sauce. Very very good. We also had a bottle of prosecco. Dessert was fantastic as well.
Couple of things that I found interesting about this restaurant....one it is new, only open a few months and they seem to have a good handle on their food and service. Two...the wine list features several wines $30 or below. Three.....they have a very nice menu. A little something for every one. They also let you get either the lunch or dinner portion. Dress is casual. The only blemish on the night was our waiter wasn't real attentive. We weren't in a hurry so it wasn't a problem. Next time I am in Buffalo I wouldn't hesitate to eat here again!

North Tonawanda, New York
“Amazing!!!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved the food, service, atmosphere, and location! Would recommend to anyone! Dress is casual to business casual and they take reservations. Great for game night or any night!

We especially enjoyed the variety of foods. We tried dishes that we've never had AND they were great! No surprises!

Visited December 2013