“Restaurant I like”
Review of Osteria 166

Osteria 166
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 166 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1,034 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant I like”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great location, fast service for lunch went you need it, would recommend to anyone...........................

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Orchard Park NY
“Very good, not great”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Perhaps my expectations were too high given the other ratings. We went to Osteria last night, and I had looked at the menu beforehand, so I only needed to glance at the specials to know that I still wanted the Friday special -- the Branzini. I've never had it before but seen it prepared on the travel channel, so I was looking forward to trying it. Too bad it wasn't available. That's right, on a Friday night at 6pm the Friday special was not available. The wine list is somewhat limited and overpriced, so we took our own bottle. Corking fee was $25, which in my experience is a little rich for a value restaurant. On the plus side, the food was very good. We started with the house burrata, which was excellent. I went with the cod special, which was well prepared, tasty, and well presented. There's no way I would rank this above Lombardo's, Amici, and Mulberry for Italian dining. It's very good, but not great.

• Visited October 2013
Connecticut
“Best Porchetta Sandwich You Will Ever Have!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was in Buffalo on on a short visit and decided to visit Osteria 166. Read some great reviews on TA and I must say, they were spot on. I had the porchetta sandwich for lunch and it was the best that I ever had; especially since I have my share during a recent trip to Tuscany, Seriously, their porchetta sandwiches was better that the dozen that I had in Italy.

Went during lunch hour and the staff was friendly and the service could not have been better.

I look forward to returning whenever I am in Buffalo. Well done!

• Visited October 2013
Long Island NY
“Good food sketchy service”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Had really good pasta Bolognese and a ravioli dish. Waitress poured wine from mostly empty bottle and emptied it in the glass at our table, said she'd come back to fill it and promptly forgot. Also forgot to bring. Read until we were almost done eating. More interested in upselling starters and dessert than doing the basics well.

Visited October 2013
Buffalo,NY
“Wonderful gem in a part of Buffalo that needs a good restaurant”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I decided to stop by here one evening as we wanted to check it out, we heard its just opened and had heard good things about it.
It was a chilly evening but we sat out on the Patio as they have new heaters out there that did a wonderful job of keeping us warm, and its always nice to sit out on a patio downtown, and really added to the mood of the evening.
We really only wanted to have a drink or two and eat appetizers, so we ordered a couple of appetizers to share, after a short time our drinks came out and so did our appetizers, and I must say we were very impressed, everything tasted so fresh, from the tender vegetables, to the fresh varying selection of breads, to the flavour filled meats it really came across as completely made to order and everything tasted as thought it had arrived that day.

Also the owner Nick came out and chatted with us for a while, I understand this is his first restaurant and you could tell by his enthusiasm and friendliness that he's having a blast running the place, I commend him on opening Osteria 166 and wish him great success, if initial impressions are anything to go by then this will be one of the top destinations in Buffalo.
This part of downtown Buffalo needs a good restaurant and this is a perfect place and venue to continue the resurrection of downtown Buffalo, highly recommended

• Visited September 2013