“Best Porchetta Sandwich You Will Ever Have!”
Review of Osteria 166

Osteria 166
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria 166 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 1,068 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was in Buffalo on on a short visit and decided to visit Osteria 166. Read some great reviews on TA and I must say, they were spot on. I had the porchetta sandwich for lunch and it was the best that I ever had; especially since I have my share during a recent trip to Tuscany, Seriously, their porchetta sandwiches was better that the dozen that I had in Italy.

Went during lunch hour and the staff was friendly and the service could not have been better.

I look forward to returning whenever I am in Buffalo. Well done!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Had really good pasta Bolognese and a ravioli dish. Waitress poured wine from mostly empty bottle and emptied it in the glass at our table, said she'd come back to fill it and promptly forgot. Also forgot to bring. Read until we were almost done eating. More interested in upselling starters and dessert than doing the basics well.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I decided to stop by here one evening as we wanted to check it out, we heard its just opened and had heard good things about it.
It was a chilly evening but we sat out on the Patio as they have new heaters out there that did a wonderful job of keeping us warm, and its always nice to sit out on a patio downtown, and really added to the mood of the evening.
We really only wanted to have a drink or two and eat appetizers, so we ordered a couple of appetizers to share, after a short time our drinks came out and so did our appetizers, and I must say we were very impressed, everything tasted so fresh, from the tender vegetables, to the fresh varying selection of breads, to the flavour filled meats it really came across as completely made to order and everything tasted as thought it had arrived that day.

Also the owner Nick came out and chatted with us for a while, I understand this is his first restaurant and you could tell by his enthusiasm and friendliness that he's having a blast running the place, I commend him on opening Osteria 166 and wish him great success, if initial impressions are anything to go by then this will be one of the top destinations in Buffalo.
This part of downtown Buffalo needs a good restaurant and this is a perfect place and venue to continue the resurrection of downtown Buffalo, highly recommended

Reviewed September 26, 2013

In Buffalo for business with two of my associates I chose Osteria 166 due to the (at the time) 9/9 5 star reviews. I am more than happy to help make it 11/11. The food is exceptional with budget conscious and more elaborate items. House made Italian Sausage campanelle was excellent but the pork osso bucco was phenomenal. Presentation was elegantly understated and the flavor combinations exceptional. The limited menu still offered something for everyone and allowed the kitchen to concentrate on every dish resulting in one of the better meals I have had, and definitely the best in Buffalo. Nick is a gracious host and all the staff seemed genuinely interested in making sure the whole experience was top notch. If I have to pick one thing to suggest it is the wine glasses, which are perfectly functional but a bit heavier and clunkier than a (admitted) wine geek like myself would prefer. All in all the next time I find myself in Buffalo I will definitely be returning to Osteria 166.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went to Osteria 166 and had a fabulous meal. I had the filet that melted in your mouth with grilled asparagus. Two of my favorites. They did not disappoint. I love the way Osteria is decorated. Wish I could bring some of it home with me. Definitely a restaurant we will be going back to many times. Nice to see a restaurant thriving downtown and hockey is just starting.