“Fun, educational, and hilarious!”

Buffalo History Tours
Ranked #8 of 22 Tours in Buffalo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Humorous, historical tours of Buffalo provided by a stand-up comic. Mostly accurate.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We enjoyed, now our second, Buffalo History Tour with Joel. We had a lovely brunch at The Pan Am, and were escorted by the hostess to find Joel waiting in the glorious Lafayette lobby. This was the "Sunday Brunch" tour. We learned so much about the architecture, history and some rather amusing stories about the history of not only The Lafayette, but the area surrounding this gem of Buffalo.

Prior to this tour, we had enjoyed a COMPLETELY different tour a week prior with Joel, a "Buffalo's Brewery District" tour. What a wonderfully fun and interesting experience this was. We toured a couple pubs, walked about the city, taking time to experience pieces of history preserved in time right before us. It was a stop and smell the roses, taste the brews and hear the stories of Buffalo's past sort of night.

HIGHLY recommend any of Buffalo History Tours events. Joel is funny, educated and a sincerely good guy!

1  Thank lucinda_als
There are newer reviews for Buffalo History Tours

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This tour was a fantastic way to spend a beautiful summer evening. Joel was knowledgeable and entertaining. There were interesting facts and laughs at every step of the way. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone and everyone, especially those that have a love for the great city of Buffalo!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My family and I joined Joel Dombrowski for my brother's 40th birthday. We wanted to try something different and were overjoyed with the experience. Not only did we learn fascinating and fun information about the city of Buffalo, but were awestruck by the amazing architecture and building details we saw close up during the walk. Joel kept the pace lively and he was quite hysterical. Don't take a drink of your beer before he does his spiel!
Thanks for a memorable evening out. We are recommending you to all of our friends.

We love the fact that we are from Buffalo now!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I did the pub crawl with Joel Dombrowski on 8/22-I am from Buffalo and I learned some history about my home town that I did not know. Joel made it fun and educational at the same time which was great! Thank you Joel and I would highly recommend the tour to all my friends

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This was great. Entertaining, educational and good beer! I feel guilty being born and raised in Buffalo that I did not have a clue about the great history and architecture involved with Buffalo. I am looking forward to having out of town guests experience this. Recommending to "fellow Buffalonians". It was an enjoyable event on a beautiful summer night. We did not know what to expect and this took it to a new level. Joel was funny, interactive and very knowledgeable!