“Drink a few beers and learn a little about Buffalo's past”

Buffalo History Tours
Ranked #7 of 25 Tours in Buffalo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Humorous, historical tours of Buffalo provided by a stand-up comic. Mostly accurate.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

A very entertaining and refreshing tour, with stops at Pearl Street Brewery and Pan-American Grill. Joel is a passionate fan of Buffalo. You'll laugh and learn a lot on this one, and get to try a few very tasty brews. Very reasonably priced, and you get coupons to defer the cost of the beers. What's not to love?

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
All reviews
"buffalo history"
in 32 reviews
"a great tour guide"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 6 reviews
"activity"
"ny"
"waterfront"

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Joel was extremely informative and entertaining. He knows a lot of great history about the city. He also has a lot of pride in being a resident of Buffalo. As a bonus, there were some laughs along the way. We spent the majority of the time at the Pearl Street Brewery and the Lafayette Hotel. The tour does have some extra costs- including paying for parking and a few bucks for the drinks.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Joel was informative and entertaining. The tour was great, full of facts and jokes. Trust me, you could go on the Forgotten Buffalo Tours or the Historical Society's boring tours or you can go on this one, enjoy yourself AND learn something in the process!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was a great time, Joel is a high energy, extremely passionate tour guide which really makes the tour a good time. I have lived in buffalo my entire life and didn't know many of the neat facts nor visited and really observed some of the great things we have in our city. I highly recommend this tour!

-Navy Couple - Anthony & Faith

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was a great tour mainly because our tour guide was super friendly, knowledgeable, passionate about the city and we had a fun group. It was a beautiful evening for a walk, nice to see the Lafayette Hotel and hear about the renovations that were made to bring back the historic nature of the building. I would definitely recommend the tour; however, a few negatives were paying for parking (and event parking prices), and I do think we should have received 2 FREE beers instead of 50% off. I also think for the designated driver of the group they should receive a free soda or something since they had to pay the tour price as well.

NiagaraGuideGuy, Owner at Buffalo History Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Lisa, thanks for attending. As this is our first season, we are learning and fine tuning the pub tour. I am working on creating the best value for my guests and I am working with my partners at the various properties to achieve the best fit for everyone. Parking is tight, especially on Saturdays when there is an event such as a baseball game. This issue we do not have much control over, but I can tell you we have a long term strategy that will ameliorate this problem. Again thank you for your time and consideration.