“A soccer bar, with extraordinary pub grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Mes Que

Mes Que
Ranked #236 of 1,030 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
“A soccer bar, with extraordinary pub grub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

It would help if you were a diehard soccer fan, BUT even if you aren't, the unique cocktails and filling, deliciously creative pub grub will have you coming back again and again! Even the "small plates" were big enough to share or have as a dinner entree for one person. Restaurant seating inside is scarce; it is primarily a bar! But we'll be back this summer, and enjoy a cocktail and a light meal at one of the outdoor tables in front. Nice addition to Hertel Avenue!

• Visited May 2014

Miami, Florida
“Soccer Bar in Buffalo?!!! Yessss!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

I love this place. Really, I love any bar that opens early on the weekends for football (soccer) fans and serves beer, but this place has decent food, too!
My husband and I came here twice (to watch LFC) while we were in town for the holidays. Both times the place was packed and the atmosphere was exciting (minus the obnoxious Arsenal supporters).
It's so great to see Buffalo becoming a little less insular and the Hertel Ave area becoming more alive.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JessZoladz
Buffalo, New York
“Easily Could Turn Into My Favorite Bar...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

The first time I walked into Mes Que was January 2013. Moby was on the sound system, it was snowing outside, there was futbol (soccer) on the TVs, I was the only one there other than the bartender. I felt like I was walking into a scene from a Jason Bourne movie! I loved every second of my first entry.

Ever since then, every couple of months my friends and I head over to Mes Que on a Friday early evening for happy hour or a Sunday early afternoon after a soccer (futbol) match.

The beers, the wines, the special drinks (did someone say sangria? mojoito? Moscow Mule?) and the snacks are all delicious! And the bar staff? FUN! And attentive!

Only thing that doesn't keep us coming back more often, the prices of the drinks. They tend to run a little high. But the beers are reasonable.

I easily could drink more Moscow Mules the way Mes Que makes them more often.

All of the food is prepared at Left Bank (restaurant that owns MEs Que) and assembled/finished at Mes Que behind the bar in their teeny kitchen area. Often times the bar smells like garlic which makes us drool and decide to order a small plate. Most recently I had a piece of quiche that was delicious. I have also had a meat/cheese platter that was delicious. Their stew looks amazing and needs to be tried.

Good drinks, good eats, great service. Just go!

PS... great outside patio area as well.

PPS... and the ladies room? You look to your right while "going" and there is a huge mirror that makes you laugh at yourself. You look up and there is a beautiful chandelier. Best ladies room in Buffalo!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Katie P

Been to Mes Que? Share your experiences!