“Great Restaurant in Elmwood area!”
Review of J P Bullfeathers Wine Cellar - CLOSED

J P Bullfeathers Wine Cellar
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been going to Bullfeathers since I did my exchange program in Buff State. Once I ove back to Buffalo I use to go every friday to eat dinner and hang out. I had my bridal shower there, and I take my child to eat there every other month. It has such a espcial place in my heart. i love that is still the same, the food is great and the people too!!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Met friends here on a Saturday night. Found Bullfeathers to be extremely dirty and unappealing. The walls are covered with chewing gum. Yuck. I wanted a mineral water, something like San Pellegrino. Bullfeathers sells nothing of the sort. I then asked for bottled water and was told all they have is tap water. I don't drink tap water and considering the lack of cleanliness I would not drink anything from their galssware. Bartenders also were not friendly.

Pick another place if you want a site that is at least clean.

1  Thank ginadean
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We have been eating here for years. We annually purchase an “Entertainment” book loaded with coupons, and Bullfeathers gets first choice, but be warned, it’s a typical US neighbourhood pub and restaurant so it’s a little gritty, but that’s part of the appeal. We expect “characters” and always enjoy the upstairs scene. Not as much fun downstairs where it’s tight and cloistered so get there early to sit by a window looking on to Elmwood, a funky Buffalo street with neat shops, restaurants and several large churches. Try the wonderful bookstore, Talking Leaves just down the street. We attended a play later at nearby Kavinoky Theatre.

The food is always good and inexpensive (especially with coupons) and there is a nice variety of craft beer. Try the Flying Bison. I like both the name and the taste. Watch for the unlikely bear chainsaw sculpture perched outside on Elmwood Ave.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Visited on New Year's Day. It was not terribly busy and there were many openings at the bar. Ordered drinks and food, waited on a chicken sandwich and an appetizer for over an hour, and not once was I asked if I wanted a drink refill. The service was terrible. Food is typical bar food. The ladies bathroom is deplorable. 2 tables walked out due to waiting so long for their food.

1  Thank SLB4789
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Placed our order with the server and then used the ladies' room. This is by far the worst restroom I have seen anyplace in Western New York, including portable toilets and gas stations! It's absolutely filthy and in deplorable condition. The water in the sink comes out with a slow trickle...there was nothing to dry hands. Returning to my table, I looked around and noticed the general filth around the restaurant. I told my companion I wished I hadn't ordered and should have left after seeing the bathroom. However, the food arrived and looked OK and we were starving. The food tasted OK but I unfolded my wrap sandwich and was appalled to see the inside of the wrap coated with crunchy black charcoal debris from the grill. There is no reason to warm a wrap shell on a dirty grill used for meat. I am vegetarian--no doubt this was debris from cooking meat. I can't imagine what the kitchen looks like but I am sure it's not appetizing or safe.

1  Thank Shirley V