“The Best Place to go before downtown Buffalo events”

Washington Square Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have been going here for over 20 years. The pre-game atmosphere is second to none. The wings are world class- way better than the Anchor Bar, and I highly recommend getting the 6 x 6 oz Rolling Rocks in a Bucket on ice.

If wings are not your thing, the rest of the food is also excellent- beef on weck, Friday fish, French onion soup, and even lasagna!

Pre-game, the atmosphere is chaotic, but the dedicated staff do a fantastic job managing the chaos and keeping just about everyone happy.

1  Thank ponikvare
There are newer reviews for Washington Square Restaurant

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Today's special were lamb shank. Tasty penne and buffalo chicken melt. Great service and very unique place. Highly recommended

1  Thank mertatl
Reviewed August 12, 2013

There is a wide selection of menu items to suit any taste. I have never had a bad meal here. very comfortable atmosphere, and the prices are very reasonable, including for drinks.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Went to Washington Square before a Bisons game. We had the wings and some other apps.
The wings were fantastic, some of the best I've had.
The service is great. They treat you like you're a regular!
Anytime I go to Sabres or Bisons game, I'm going to eat there before.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been going to Washington Square for a numbers of years now and by far their chicken wings are the best and done the way we like them. In fact they still are the best. But were we surprised when at our recent visit there our bill had a gratuity added in- something that never happened before. Usually at casual places like this tavern a gratuity is never added in but left to the discretion of the customer. All of which prompts me to ask where are the michelin stars because I would expect a service or gratuity charge added in at those places but not at Washington Square.