“Mmmm”

Good for: Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Buffalo, New York
“Mmmm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2012

Always a good choice when you are in the Elmwood area. Paneer Pakora is one of the best staters you can get anywhere. And I always get the India Gate special a real nice mix of Taandori, Ka Bob's and curry and I always have enough for lunch the next day. I also love the Fig Lassi as a drink. My server during my last visit in April is the best I have had there she was a real nice girl and it was packed and she got our food very quickly.

Visited April 2012

Buffalo, New York
“Great Indian food for the American palate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Service and food are always of high quality here. Their midday buffet is an excellent value. Their chai tea is better than I've gotten in Indian restaurants in Paris.

Visited March 2012
Boone, North Carolina, United States
“Good mix of Indian dishes I don't usually see”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

My wife and I walked the entire length of Elmwood and by the time we were very hungry we were right at the India Gate, so we went in and ended up really enjoying it. The menu had some dishes I rarely see on most standard Indian ones, and a young college student for a waiter who was very friendly and even gave us some recommendations for a place to get the best wings.

• Visited January 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Though not being very fond of Indian food in United States, I liked this place for its food. Worth to go once at least.

Visited November 2011
“Best Indian in Buffalo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

While not up to NYC standards, they clearly know what they are doing. In fact I suspect they tone it down a notch to meet local tastes. All the usual dishes are on the menu and being a party of 6 we tasted a good sample. The basic flavors are spot on - if just missing the 'oomph' of the real thing. There was a definite freshness to all the flavors. One bit of advice--medium spicy is actuslly mild and strong is medium so order accordingly.