“Very Good..”

Century Grill
Ranked #499 of 1,060 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: All American pub in a historic building with home made food full bar and local craft beers.
Reviewed April 2, 2012

What I liked best about the Century Grill is that they give you time after you order. No rushing the orders just to get you in and out. The atmosphere is very causal and laid back. A must eat place to go to in Buffalo..

1  Thank DeeDee915

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I always send my guests at the hotel here for wings they are bigger and better then anchor bar. You are stumbling distance back to your hotel. I also really like the nachos they are solid. If you are staying in downtown buffalo this is a great place to unwind after your day. The bar is also great as some of my coworkers will attest.

1  Thank Irish311
Reviewed February 1, 2012

If I could give 2.5 stars, I would. The last time I ate at the Century, the food was nearly inedible, but because I've had so many good experiences there, and because the service, prices, and ambiance are good, I can't say the Century is "poor" overall.

The quality of the food, or at least its execution, seems to have slipped since my previous visits to the Century under the old ownership.

My burger, ordered medium, came rare (probably my fault; I should have ordered medium-well), and I could only eat half of it. Usually burgers come over-cooked in restaurants. Anyway, I don't mind a little juice; I just hate it when my burger is cold/slimy on the inside. It is nice that you are offered a choice of several sides with the burger, including tater tots, field greens, soup, etc. Unfortunately, ‘field greens’ means just that: a handful of mesclun greens, not a salad. The dressing, requested on the side, was so oily that it slid off my greens and off the plate. Our diet sodas were flat. Server did not take note of the fact that I left most of the food on my plate, and I didn't make an issue out of it because it seemed like she wasn't really aware of what was going on anyway.

Companion's tater tots were good, but only a hair better than oven-baked Ore-Idas, due to a flash in the deep-fryer for extra crispness. I will return in hopes that the food situation improves, and will chalk up the bad visit to transition pains.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

My husband and I just had our wedding reception in the banquet hall upstairs at the Century in October and we were 100% satisfied with everything!

The Century changed ownership in the middle of the planning process, but the new owners really made us feel well taken care of. The food was delicious, the service was great (this goes for the normal restaurant downstairs, too, of course), and when we came in, we were greeted at the bottom of the stairs with a sign that said "welcome" in English and in German! (my husband and his whole family are from Germany) This is just one of many examples of the attention to detail which makes this a great place to have a reception, and the building itself is an architectural gem!

1  Thank ktzajac
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Went here for a business dinner which might have been a bad choice to begin with. The waitress was sort of clueless to the menu and did not seem to even have an idea as to what was available and what was not. We ordered three different dishes and three times she came back to tell us they were out of them. Ordered a more expensive Pinot Noir what was less than acceptable so I drank it and ordered a more expensive bottle hoping that it might be better. We asked her about the bottle and she said that she did not know but would get someone who did and then confirmed the bottle was off. Ordered a third bottle and this was better.

Ordered the stuffed pork chop and I would say that I have had better at 1/3 the price. It was cold and had absolutely no flavor.

The place recently changed ownership so I am hoping that things improve and if I go back I might give them a second chance.