“The best of Buffalo's home cooking!”
Review of Alton's

Alton's
Ranked #60 of 1,108 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We've been coming to Alton's for over 30 years and it is still the very best of Buffalo's home cooking. I especially enjoy the beef on weck, my very favorite. This time we met with relatives from Australia, all of us making a sad hospice visit. Although the restaurant is not fancy with tablecloths, it is immaculately clean with terrific service, modest prices and hot, fresh food. The waitress did not rush us since we were visiting. We all had different foods and everyone claimed theirs were the very best. Four adults for lunch and with drinks and tip totaled $46.27. Can't do any better than that. The regular manager was not working that Sunday but he has been there for over 30 years too. Can't remember his name but you will see him hustling and bustling, cleaning tables, working the register, greeting the guests, and everything else in between. The wait staff are regulars and they "run". Polite, friendly and efficient without rushing you. We will go back everytime we are in Buffalo. A very busy place because it is so delicious but the wait is short. Go there and you'll see what I mean. Love it!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Travelling with family and decided to stop by Alton's as it was recommended to us. What a great place. Friendly staff, Great food and a lot of it! Serving sizes were large and were very tasty! We will be back to Alton's and we highly recommend this Great Restaurant!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

We arrived late in the Buffalo area after flying in from Los Angeles. We were ready for dinner but not too many places serve around 10:45PM! Our hotel recommended Alton's and it was just up the street on Walden Ave. Service with a smile and good food. Our server was very friendly. We went back the next morning for breakfast! And returned for breakfast four more days! Friendly staff, good food - home cooking style and reasonable prices.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

May17,2014 my husband and I had breakfast that morning. I remembered when I was looking at the menu it listed dinner also. My daughter graduated from Buffalo State Univ. and we looked for hours for a place for my family and I to celebrate the big occasion. All I can say is Delissh, kindness, and great hospitality. (PS#Our 5 hour drive back home was the left overs from so much food)

Thanks

Reviewed April 26, 2014

This is a great place for fabulous Greek food at an awesome price. They have a super kids menu with meals for $2.99. We had a wonderful chicken souvlaki lunch here with delicious baklava to end it. Will definitely return.

Been to Alton's? Share your experiences!