“Passing by on our travels and picked on of the Triple D recommendations”

Blackthorn Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #41 of 1,058 Restaurants in Buffalo
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Not too far from the freeway, so we took a detour from our journey. Easy to find, restaurant located in an extraordinary neighborhood but safe. We sat ourselves and were greeted by a local man that looks like he is a veteran at this place and very pleasant. Since this place is recommended by Guy, I had to try the dishes that were recommened in the show, Tripple D platter and my friends tried other dishes. The food came fast without sacrificing any taste at all. The special sauce for a sandwich that my friend ordered turned into the best French Fries dip and was shared around the table. The beer soups our out of this world. The beef on a wrack was tpo die for. This local join has got to be hopping on Fri and Sat evenings

1  Thank Michael C
There are newer reviews for Blackthorn Restaurant & Pub

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We ate here on Oct.5/12 on our way to Pittsburgh. We do try to get to as many triple d's as we can when we travel in the US. Meg was our waitress and she was so nice! I started with the Stuffed Banana peppers (so great) and then I had the corned beef cabbage rolls and blue cheese tomatoes. Loved the tomatoes. My husband had the triple D taster, then the Irish Filet Mignon (cooked perfect). After our dinner we went and finished our wine in the bar area. So, we had 2 premium martinis, 1 litre of wine, 4 appetizers and 1 main for under $100.00. Well done..we'll be back when in the area.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stopped at this restaurant on our way through Buffalo after seeing the clip on Diners, Drive Ins & Dives. It's a really old building which added to the "pub" charm. I ordered the Triple D sample plate which came with a small portion of a "Beef on Weck", a crab cake, cup of beer cheese soup, and a couple of jalapeno tater tots. All was tasty except for the soup but then, I'm not a beer fan. We had an order of buffalo wings which are required eating in Buffalo and they were good too. Service was very attentive. There were quite a few locals watching a football game and they really added to the atmosphere. It's worth the side trip off the highway.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We found this place on the Food Network and visited for a late lunch. My wife ordered Beef on Weck and I had the New Seneca Sandwich which consisted of a 10 oz. NY strip steak, and fried peppers and onions on a dinner roll. The food and the price for it was simply outstanding. If you are in the area I would highly recommend a visit. Just ignore the surroundings as you drive through the neighborhood. The exterior of the place is also a little shoddy looking, but the food is great.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We saw this on a website for the show and had to try it. It is in a very small town of Seneca. There were a few regulars there. It is an old pub and restaurant but great quality food. Our server seemed to be running everything and could not have been more helpful for kind. He refilled everything quickly and always asking if we needed anything and how was it. Three of us had the beer cheese soup and loved it. We had the meatloaf (had bacon and cheese!) the fireman's burger, just average burger. Turkey and corned beef sandwiches were great, Kev's favorite. The tater tots were a huge hit, with jalepenos and cheese. A nice place and great big portions of good homemade food.