“Great food, good service”

Lombardo Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Lombardo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,059 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Established in 1975, 40 years and 3 generations later Ristorante Lombardo has evolved into one of the regions best and most authentic Italian restaurants. Our seasonally changing menu features original creations inspired by regional Italian preparations, including fresh handmade pastas, house cured meats, hand pulled mozzarella, wood-fired thin crust pizzas, house made decadent desserts and more. In the summer months be sure to join us for dining al fresco on the city's best patio. And while the menu and the decor of the restaurant has surely changed over the years the hospitality that we've become known for surely has not. We'd genuinely love to have you in our restaurant and hope you can make it soon!- The Lombardo's
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place features exceptionally good Italian food with interesting and some uncommon dishes. The wine list offers some excellent wines. We were there for a business dinner with a large group and the service was both friendly and efficient. The restaurant is not inexpensive, so it is not likely to be an everyday place unless you are on an expense account. Nonetheless, given the quality of the food, wine, and service, the prices were not out of line.

1  Thank Stanner57
There are newer reviews for Lombardo Ristorante

Reviewed June 9, 2014

We came here on our trip to Buffalo. Party of 3 the food was amazing, the wine was delicious and our server was fantastic. I wish I could remember his name (see comment about delicious wine) He was funny and attentive without hovering.
My daughter and I both had veal marsala and her boyfriend had the duck everyone said their food was great. I will definitely repeat when in Buffalo

1  Thank Dishchick
Reviewed May 21, 2014

On a quick trip south of the border we decided to treat our Mom to a nice Mother's Day dinner after a long day of shopping. I found this restaurant through tripadvisor and have to say that I was not disappointed in the least. We were ten minutes late for our reservation (being from out of town and unfamiliar with Buffalo) and when we walked in the doors the maitre d' greeted us by name and showed us right to the table...this attention to detail continued through the evening, right down to the rose handed to our Mom at the end. The food was very enjoyable. We all started with the Wood Roasted Beet and Avocado salad which had lovely chunks of both red and yellow beets and creamy goat cheese. I would have liked mine with a little more vinegar bite to it, but that is a personal preference, everyone else loved theirs as plated. My sister had looked at the menu prior to our visit and kept talking about how good the sea scallops sounded...I was nervous they weren't going to live up to her expectations, but she was not disappointed. She said they were heavenly. I had Salsiccia pizza and while the crust was a bit thicker than I like on an Italian pizza I was blown away by the delicious sausage and again the creamy goat cheese. We also shared some Contorni with the table: the Brussel Sprouts and the Wild Mushrooms and Rapini. Both were incredible. In fact, I would go back just to have those two dishes!!! The ladies raved about their delicious desserts and we all enjoyed excellent coffees (I was happy to get a double espresso that was a true double espresso and not a whole cappuccino cup of coffee!). The service was attentive, but unobtrusive, and the food memorable. We will definitely be visiting again the next time we are in Buffalo.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My wife and I dined here 2 days after our wedding. When I placed the reservation in OpenTable, I told them this and asked that we be seated at one of their best tables. What I got was above and beyond what I expected.
It was a Monday night 8:00 reservation so the restaurant was slow. The server sat us in a quiet corner table and then closed the entire room so that we could be alone. Any other tables that came in were seated in another part of the restaurant and we were left with this beautiful, quiet, romantic, candle-lit room all to ourselves. They graciously gave us a complimentary glass of Prosecco to celebrate our marriage and gave us plenty of time to enjoy it before asking for our order.
The server was so knowledgable and precise, offering me an incredible wine suggestion and answering all of our questions. He was very friendly and accommodating, coming to the table at all the right moments and accommodating our needs without us even needing to ask.
Now, the food. Oh my God, the food. My wife and I started with lobster roll bruscetta and steamed mussels as our first course. My wife normally doesn't favor mussels but she tolerates them because she knows I love them. She's a lobster girl, so we pretty much anticipated very little sharing, which we were okay with. However, after tasting my mussels, she wished she had gotten the same thing. Not because the lobster was bad, because it was delicious, but because the mussels were over-the-moon INCREDIBLE. I didn't want them to end. The cream sauce was genius and the mussels were cooked to absolute perfection. It also came with pancetta which added a level of flavor I never expected. I could have eaten 5 pounds of these things as my dinner, but the culinary adventure had to continue...
We split our second course, a half order of lobster and mascarpone ravioli. The sauce was so simple and perfect, and the raviolis melted in our mouths. It was also the perfect portion to share as a second course, just like the waiter had said. We wanted pasta but not a whole portion of it as our entrees, so this was the perfect way to have just a little bit to ease the craving and then move onto the main event.
My wife had striped sea bass which was SO tender and flaky. The presentation was flawless and the flavors danced around your palate like a ballerina in swan lake. My steak was a PERFECT medium, tender and juicy, paired with the most delicious gorgonzola french fries that were crispy and full of flavor. The only thing missing to these entrees was theme music to play in the background as we chewed.
Time for dessert. We couldn't decide so we order 3. Yes, 3. We had the Mud Pie there and then took home the Frou Frou cake and the Banana Creme Pie. The Mud Pie was AMAZING. So creamy and just a perfect hint of Kahlua. The other two were tasty but I think we should have just eaten them right away because the cake dried out a bit in the fridge and the pie fell apart. Still, we could taste the potential even after 2 days in the fridge.
I've worked in fine dining for 3 years and spent a year in culinary school. I can say it is very hard to impress me with food these days. My wife even tells me I can be too critical at times, but I can't help it. This was one of the most incredible meals I've ever had the pleasure to eat. There is absolutely nothing I can complain about. The portions were perfect, the courses planned in the proper timing, and the flavors were exquisite. I only wish we lived in Buffalo so we could come at least once a week.
We already have reservations for our one-year anniversary. If you're looking for real fine dining and a culinary orgasm, look no further.

1  Thank SimplyBekah
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in buffalo and decided to try Lombardo due to the awesome reviews. We were not disappointed! Valet Parking is complimentary ( we still tipped the boy) but for us it new ( we are from Toronto)
Restaurant itself is outdated, but very clean, open and cozy. Service is awesome. Even in best of the best restaurants in Toronto I haven't seen this kind of service.
Food was awesome as well! I had octopus salad and lobster ravioli. Very good portions! Not big, but enough. My 4 year old had pizza and it was delicious!