“A Westside Landmark”

Santasiero's Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 1,064 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed February 14, 2014

You can't miss the red, white, and green building on the corner of Niagara and Lafayette. Whenever we're in the mood of Italian food we come here. There are no frills, just good food, good prices, and good service. A soda and a half plate on penne pasta was under $10.

1  Thank Marcia B

Reviewed February 9, 2014

we're a little confused by the review from the lady from lovely Cazenovia, as in, burgers? we're certain this place does n o t serve burgers, just a basic menu spaghetti, ravioli, soups, several sauces and a few parmagianas... could she have gone someplace else? ... anyway, it's still close to the top of our recommended list, with special nods to the lentils, pasta santafresca and, in season, the chili...

1  Thank DOUGANDPOLLY
Reviewed February 9, 2014

you'll find an earlier review from us, but very recently we took a different tack on Santasiero's, Buffalo's West Side treasure... invariably we wind up with enough food to provision a platoon and a bill in the low $30's, but this time it was mid-afternoon and we worked up a strategy... just one entrée, a "full" ravioli, and one "lite lunch," soup and salad for $6.25... OK, the Italian wedding soup was a tad salty but the "side" salad was plenty for two, adorned with the chickpeas Mrs. CG so adores... maybe we hadn't had ravioli here for a time, but it was truly delicious, even the shells, and ordering two meatballs on the side provided a second source of Santasiero's super sauce... bottom line: a mere $24, including a generous glass of wine, and no take-away except for a couple of bread slices... won't forget that ravioli for a time and to one wearing dentures, Santasiero's meatballs constitute a gift that keeps on giving... Bravo!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This place never changes, and that is part of it's charm. The food is just as delicious as it has always been. My sons and I ate lunch here and the food as well as the waitress were excellent! I ordered the Pasta Fazoola and it was incredible! I highly recommend this dish if you visit here!

1  Thank Beth D
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had to try this place since I've heard so much about it. My father-in-law was a big fan of the pasta fasoola, claimed it is the best around. Not a fancy place, probably not updated in 40 yrs. Old tiled flooring, plastic table cloths. The spaghetti sauce to me (and my husband) was pretty bland. The meatballs although quite large, tasted like bread. Had a small dinner salad, lettuce was fresh, they only serve Italian dressing (which I enjoyed). Bread was nothing special, served with butter. Cash only. They serve no coffee, no desserts because, I was told, they don't want people to linger. They want people in and out to free up tables. Waitress (who was very friendly) told us it's been that way forever, and it works. I'm not saying don't go, you may like it like so many others do, just isn't for me.

4  Thank BuffaloKitty