“Wings & Good service”

Ranked #29 of 1,101 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We walked to Anchor Bar because it's the home of the buffalo wing. We ordered wings, of course, and they were really good - big and crunchy. The medium sauce was not that hot (in the spicy sense), but had good flavor. The service was excellent. Our food came super quick and our waitress was on top of things. Wings were a tad pricey, but when you can tout yourself as the original, it comes with the territory.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,618)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went here specifically to feast on ground zero of buffalo wings. Many people warned me about the location - be care late at night as it is a little scary. We got to watch a guy sell drugs next door in the Wendy's parking lot - Oh joy!

As far as the food, the wings were overcooked and thusly chewy and tough. I had Duffs the day before and could render a fairly accurate appraisal that they just didn't measure up in taste, texture, and appearance. One could say my expectations were high, but they didn't even meet the wings I can get back home. Luckily, my wife wanted something other than wings again and we found a really bizzare sounding item on the menu called pizza logs. They're basically an Italian taquito or Italian egg roll with mozzarella and pepperoni for filler. Having a few of those, I thought they stole the show from the ho-hum wings.

I'm glad I paid homage to the start, but I wouldn't come back again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I had utopia stop by it was first on out list awesome wings the sauce was a bit different but the waitress we had was very friendly and fast. Looking forward to my next buffalo trip

Reviewed October 9, 2013

You may be surprised that this is a great family style Italian restaurant. But, is the real original buffalo wing place. By far, if you want to ruin your wing eating experience for anywhere else you'll ever go. Your ready to try these wings. Ruined it for me... I'll never find better wings anywhere else.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

live music , home of the buffalo wing, fair pizza,, terrible beer, great atmosphere,, any visitor to buffalo has to check it out at least once,,, crowded, noisy, over priced, but historic,, one of the few real tourist traps in buffalo but overall a worthwhile experience,,,,lots of good italin choices if not a wing or pizza lover.