“Do it for the Legacy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Anchor Bar

Anchor Bar
Ranked #7 of 1,030 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lima, Peru
“Do it for the Legacy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you like buffalo wings, there's no other reason needed to visit the Anchor Bar in Buffalo. This is where it all started, baby!

A few notes from our trip: had the "bucket" of 50 wings for about $43. You can order two flavors with the bucket, so we split with 25 of the wings "medium" and the other 25 "spicy". The medium wings did not have much flavor, so we asked for some "hot" sauce on the side. The "spicy" wings were a little sweet but had a pretty good amount of heat. The wings were big so the four of us (mom, dad, wife and I) could only down 41 wings before we hit the wing wall and gave up (mom and wife ordered small salads, too). There was live music when we showed up around 6:30 on a Thursday, which was a nice surprise. The bar had a good vibe and efficient service. Check it out on your next trip to Buffalo!

1 Thank Chris G

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Staten Island, New York
“Fresh wings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Made a point to stop here on way to Niagara Falls. Glad I did. Wings were great. Fresh. Not frozen like all the other chains. Service was excellent. Not a big crowd as we were there for lunch on a Monday.
Plenty of parking in their own lot.
Enjoyed looking at all the motorcycles on display inside.
FYI. Mild has almost no sauce. Medium is how they were originally served. You can taste the heat but it doesn't burn. Hot is the way to go. Enjoy

1 Thank KCofresi
Centralia, Texas
“How can you go to Buffalo and miss the home of the Buffalo wing?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Buffalo wings are so popular that it's hard to believe they were invented in 1964 somewhat by accident as the proprietor searched for a midnight snack for hungry friends who dropped into the bar. The restaurant atmosphere is 1960s with nominal updates. The wings are excellent and I enjoyed the Reuben.

1 Thank TXStellaGirl
Oakville, Canada
“Great wings, cold beer, and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

What else do you want from a wing bar? I stop in several times a year and its always good, always consistent. Can't wait to go back!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank billyrod1
Southwest US
“Good Food / Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place to eat with a group after going to Niagra Falls. The wings at Anchor Bar were excellent as advertised and the other food was good. We were pleased when we arrived in time for lunch, however when I got the bill I was charged their dinner prices. I asked about this and was basically told that we took too long to order and to get over it because it was a computer issue and they couldn't override. So beware if you arrive mid-afternoon and don't let the server delay taking your order as ours did. Otherwise the prices you see on the menu they give you may not be the prices you pay. Also, it was my wife's birthday so I had asked the hostess to relay a message to my server to bring out some cheesecake as a birthday surprise, but it never happened so I have to assume a breakdown in communication or a decision to not oblige. Based on the reaction I got when I made the request, it would appear that birthdays are not a big deal at Anchor Bar. My rating is based on scores of 4 for the food and a 1 for the service we received.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sulu32

Been to Anchor Bar? Share your experiences!