“First-rate mimosas, and the food's plentiful and good too”

Cecelia's Ristorante
Ranked #172 of 1,189 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 12, 2018

Went here for Sunday brunch with the ladies while in Buffalo for a long weekend. Main attraction for 2 of us was the promise of 'bottomless mimosas.' Because of health concerns, I was the only one to order just one mimosa -- perhaps it was the thick, fresh orange juice that made it so special, but it was indeed wonderful, at half the price of the 'bottomless' ones. There may be some undercurrent of not rushing around to fill these "bottomless" glasses, but when my companions were served, they adored them. Perhaps service was just spread thin that day; it was crowded and our server was certainly charming and patient. We all enjoyed abundant omelettes loaded with cheese, mushrooms and peppers, along w/ sides of bacon and sausage and we consumed nearly everything, while enjoying people-watching in cute Elmwood neighbourhood. Would certainly return.

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Read the great reviews.. tried it..
Food was good..
service was really slow.. drinks took forever.. server was hovering waiting for us to pay check. Hovering to the extent of being rude.
I asked him to separate food from booze.. server said he couldn’t give me a separate itemized check.. wait, what? “My system is complicated”...he says to me .. like I couldn’t possibly understand ..
Hmmmm.. so I’m to give you my credit card & then you’re just going to give me a verbal total of the remainder? C’mon now, I cannot be the first patron to this restaurant to ask for this to be done.
Had the service been up to par, I would try this place again.

Reviewed October 20, 2018

Always enjoy going to Cecelia's. Love sitting on the patio and people watching in the summer. Have never had a bad meal.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

The bread? Must be their pizza crust. It’s delicious (and complimentary). Truly outstanding. Chicken piccata (with a side of spaghetti/red sauce and julienned vegetables) was also very good. While not amazing, the service was not bad. Great patio/cozy vibe inside. But that bread? Cannot compliment it enough. Will try the pizza next time. Great location/neighborhood.

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Not impressed. Service not great. Food ok. Great patio. Not busy and service was extremely slow. Drinks took forever. Grapefruit martini was pretty good. Stuffed peppers ok, chicken Cecelia was dry and over cooked, sautéed veggies were good. Parking on street. Bathroom was a mess and I had to tell 2 different hostesses/servers that there was no soap in the ladies room after going in there twice in 3 hours. Won't be back.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Cecelia's Ristorante? Share your experiences!