“Maybe it’s better in the summer?”

Cecelia's Ristorante
Ranked #172 of 1,189 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

Read the great reviews.. tried it..
Food was good..
service was really slow.. drinks took forever.. server was hovering waiting for us to pay check. Hovering to the extent of being rude.
I asked him to separate food from booze.. server said he couldn’t give me a separate itemized check.. wait, what? “My system is complicated”...he says to me .. like I couldn’t possibly understand ..
Hmmmm.. so I’m to give you my credit card & then you’re just going to give me a verbal total of the remainder? C’mon now, I cannot be the first patron to this restaurant to ask for this to be done.
Had the service been up to par, I would try this place again.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 20, 2018

Always enjoy going to Cecelia's. Love sitting on the patio and people watching in the summer. Have never had a bad meal.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

The bread? Must be their pizza crust. It’s delicious (and complimentary). Truly outstanding. Chicken piccata (with a side of spaghetti/red sauce and julienned vegetables) was also very good. While not amazing, the service was not bad. Great patio/cozy vibe inside. But that bread? Cannot compliment it enough. Will try the pizza next time. Great location/neighborhood.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Not impressed. Service not great. Food ok. Great patio. Not busy and service was extremely slow. Drinks took forever. Grapefruit martini was pretty good. Stuffed peppers ok, chicken Cecelia was dry and over cooked, sautéed veggies were good. Parking on street. Bathroom was a mess and I had to tell 2 different hostesses/servers that there was no soap in the ladies room after going in there twice in 3 hours. Won't be back.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018

We had dined here a year ago and had a great experience so we decided to try it again. The service was terrible. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. After waiting for 15 minutes our server appeared and I ordered a pinot noir. They were out of it. My friend ordered a white zinfandel, they were out of it. After finally getting drinks we were ready to order and waited another 20 minutes before our server came back to take our order. Food was being served all-around us and finally I asked to see a manager. Imagine my surprise when our server turned out to be the manager. She apologized profusely and about 10 minutes later our food arrived. It was very good but by the time it arrived our evening was done. We got the check, paid it, and our server/manager re-appeared and said we had been given another tables check. Once again the apologies were given. The dollar amount was within five dollars of the first check. On a final note the mens restroom was disgusting. End of story, never again!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Mayornaples
CeceliasRistorante, Manager at Cecelia's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Hi There, I am greatly sorry to hear about your experience with us. If possible please contact us at info@ceceliasristorante.com with more information about your visit. We hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to serve you again and redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Been to Cecelia's Ristorante? Share your experiences!