“Best thing about this place is the outdoor patio”

Cecelia's Ristorante
Ranked #172 of 1,189 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2018

Not impressed. Service not great. Food ok. Great patio. Not busy and service was extremely slow. Drinks took forever. Grapefruit martini was pretty good. Stuffed peppers ok, chicken Cecelia was dry and over cooked, sautéed veggies were good. Parking on street. Bathroom was a mess and I had to tell 2 different hostesses/servers that there was no soap in the ladies room after going in there twice in 3 hours. Won't be back.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 31, 2018

We had dined here a year ago and had a great experience so we decided to try it again. The service was terrible. We had a reservation and were seated promptly. After waiting for 15 minutes our server appeared and I ordered a pinot noir. They were out of it. My friend ordered a white zinfandel, they were out of it. After finally getting drinks we were ready to order and waited another 20 minutes before our server came back to take our order. Food was being served all-around us and finally I asked to see a manager. Imagine my surprise when our server turned out to be the manager. She apologized profusely and about 10 minutes later our food arrived. It was very good but by the time it arrived our evening was done. We got the check, paid it, and our server/manager re-appeared and said we had been given another tables check. Once again the apologies were given. The dollar amount was within five dollars of the first check. On a final note the mens restroom was disgusting. End of story, never again!

1  Thank Mayornaples
CeceliasRistorante, Manager at Cecelia's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Hi There, I am greatly sorry to hear about your experience with us. If possible please contact us at info@ceceliasristorante.com with more information about your visit. We hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to serve you again and redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

We have been going to Cecilia's for over a decade. Food has always been OK to good, but we've really enjoyed the patio and that always made it worth going back. However, this is the second time that we have been there is the last year where the lovely patio didn't justify the poor service. Last night we came in and were seated at a table with water glasses with lipstick stains on them and menus with food splattering. Sat looking at these for 20 minutes without anyone coming over to take our order. The hostess eventually came over to apologize for the slow service and offered to take our drink order. This seemed promising, but then she subsequently seemed to forget about us, as we waited another 15 minutes with no drinks, and still no server. As we got up to leave, the people at the table next to us said, "Good choice- the service has been horrible." We won't be back. Too many other great places in Buffalo that also have nice patios, and that also have good service.

1  Thank seeingtheworld_10

Hi There, I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not a more positive one. Please contact us at info@ceceliasristorante.com so we can further look into and discuss the situation. Thank you.

Reviewed July 24, 2018

It's been a while since we've hit Cecelia's for the Monday happy hour and so glad we did. Martinis were delish, food was delish, service was A-1 and we even got great parking spots!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018

I went this past Friday with my boyfriend because it was a gorgeous summer night and they had a local DJ playing on their outside patio. We went to the patio bar, opened up a tab and ordered a couple drinks and appetizers. We got our drinks and grabbed a table to wait for our appetizers. After about 30 minutes of waiting we stopped a waitress and asked her if our food would be coming out soon, after checking she came back and notified us that our food order was never put in and she would take care of it. We went back up and ordered a couple more drinks and waited for another 30+ minutes...STILL no food!! I went back up to the patio bar to ask the bartender if our food was coming out, after checking with the kitchen a second time she said "I'm not sure what happened but they said it will be coming out shortly". Needless to say we weren't going to get our food and were ready to leave so I asked her to close our tab. She gave me my boyfriends credit card, or so I thought. When I handed it to him he informed me that it wasn't his and so I had to go back up once again to get the correct credit card. Good points from the evening, the weather was beautiful, DJ was super fun and they didn't end up charging us for the drinks. We won't be coming back.

1  Thank tmtpleasant2018
CeceliasRistorante, Manager at Cecelia's Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We are disappointed to hear that we did not make more of a positive impression during your time with us. We apologize for the miscommunication that saw you experience such a long wait for your food. We certainly set the bar higher for ourselves. With this in mind, we'd appreciate you taking the time to contact us at info@ceceliasristorante.com with some additional details regarding your visit so that we can better address the concern and ensure that something like this does not happen again going forward. Please be assured that this was an isolated incident and not a true representation of our business. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to give you an experience more indicative of our true potential!

Been to Cecelia's Ristorante? Share your experiences!