“Top sushi in buffalo”

Ranked #139 of 1,052 Restaurants in Buffalo
Buffalo, New York, United States
“Top sushi in buffalo”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Been eating kunis fish for over 10 years no better sushi in buffalo. Only place for great sushi is sea bar. Very tough for me to pick a favorite

• Visited May 2013

New City, NY
“Got there early this time.....”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yes I am re-reviewing this from 2 months ago. Went early on a Friday (about 5:45) and had a 45 minute wait... which is OK being that the restaurant is small and popular and does not take reservations. I happen to love some of the unusual choices at Kuni;s such as the jellyfish and assorted fish roe appetizers BUT the regular rolls and portion sizes tend to be small. Food was fresh but nothing special and don't really understand all the rave reviews, but I do enjoy going to Kuni's. I once again found the service to be a little snooty, as if we were inconveniencing them for patronizing their restaurant. Although I love the food, my husband and daughter once again were not impressed and therefore will probably not return. There are other fantastic sushi restaurants that service with a smile.

• Visited May 2013
Buffalo, New York
“Amazing, Best sushi in Buffalo”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Hi, Let me just say that Kuni's truly does have the BEST sushi in buffalo, in my opinion and out of the few places I have been. I live in buffalo and this is my favorite restaurant. The staff is friendly and the sushi is very fresh! if you want awesome sushi at a affordable price, this is THE place for you!
though if you have a lot of small children this may not be the best place to go due to it being very small.

• Visited November 2012
New City, NY
“An extreme disappointment”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Visited this restaurant back in Nov 2012 and I absolutely loved it,but my husband and daughter were not impressed. Being from the New York City area, it took until March 2013 for me to get back there and was anxiously anticipating my meal. Knowing I would be arriving late, I called the restaurant to make sure they would serve us if i got there before 10 p.m. on Saturday night. I was assured that yes, they are open until 11p.m. let me stress the fact that I live very far away and was really looking forward to this. I rushed there to make it in by 9:50 p.m. to be met by a less than friendly woman saying they were closed!!!! I explained that I had called earlier and was told I would be served and she did seem to give a you know what!! Not only did i call, but traveled half an hour to get there, only to be rudely turned away. One more thing, they do not take reservations, the place is tiny and they pack you in like sardines.... good sushi or not, go someplace else.

• Visited March 2013
buffalo, ny
“It's unanimous--best sushi ever”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Darling little place, tiny room full of happy people. Took our son from Boston , sat right at the sushi bar, he was suitably impressed with the fabulous food. Sweet preparer was very polite and cheerful. Two guys whipping out sushi as fast as snow flakes fall in Buffalo. They don't take reservations so we were lucky to find 3 seats. The wait staff and other staff was really attentive, answered our many questions, couldn't do enough for us. Omg the food was wonderful, and very very reasonable. I saw the review by the lady who felt insulted, I think there must have been something very objectionable about the guests, tho I hate to say such a thing. Sometimes people are just oblivious to the social impact they have on others, and I pity the hospitality staff who are tasked with trying to minimize unpleasant effect the guests are having in an intimate setting such as this. Of course, if they didn't act, there would be reviews here perhaps complaining about their having not ameliorated the situation. Tough all around, for everybody. We highly recommend this terrific sushi place with all of its charm and style....