“Amazing!”
Review of Hutch's

Hutch's
Ranked #7 of 1,034 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: W Delavan Avenue
Buffalo, NY
“Amazing!”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Went to Hutch's for the dinner the night after Valentine's Day. It felt warm and cozy the moment stepping in. The hostess was friendly and sat us right away. Atmosphere was great. Love the exposed brick and the intimate lighting. Very relaxing. Food was exceptional. Chicken Milanese is a great dish if you are not a steak and
Seafood fan. Overall amazing experience. Will definitely be back for more!!

1 Thank Cristina M

• Indonesian first
Sao Paulo, SP
“Best choice for seafood”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We were there in a part of 15 people.
Nice service, great apettizers, great wine list.
Desert was really good and seafood is special.
If you are in Buffalo, this is a great spot

• Visited January 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Excellent birthday dinner”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

How have we lived so close to this outstanding restaurant for so long and never gone there before?! We went for a special birthday dinner. Hutch's is in what looks to be an old converted town house ... small, intimate rooms, brick walls, unprepossessing entrance. The bar is nicely appointed, the bartender very professional and the selection of single malt Scotch whiskeys one of the best I've seen anywhere. The service was understated and unobtrusive; the waiter almost seemed rushed on what was a very quiet evening in the restaurant (a Monday). In his defense, he was also responsible for a trainee who followed him everywhere. The food at Hutch's is excellent starting with the lobster and shrimp bisque. I contains generous chunks of lobster meat and a little hint of cayenne in the background for just the right 'kick'. My grilled prawns on house-made linguini with olive oil and garlic and my wife's halibut with 'beurre blanc' (one of last evening's specials) were both cooked to perfection. Hutch's wine cellar is extensive and nicely balanced, if a little pricey, but who's isn't? We found a French Pouilly-Fuissé, a bit of a shot-in-the-dark, especially at $45, that was the perfect accompaniment. The dessert menu has something for everyone, from simple sorbets to my wife's coconut gelato with an espresso sauce and snickerdoodles ... very creative. Hutch's wait staff (including busboys) score extra points for not using two common turns-of-phrase that drive me nuts in a restaurant. Many thanks for not referring to my wife and me as "guys" or, worse, "you guys", and especially for not asking: "Are you still working on that?" as a way of asking if I was finished and ready to have my plate cleared. Instead, I appreciated hearing: "Are you still enjoying your meal?" Drinks through espresso and tip, around $200 for two.

• Visited February 2014
Charlotte
“Wonderful meal with family”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

As we pulled up to the restaurant I was a bit worried, but knew Tripadvisor has yet to disappoint me. As we walked it, I knew this would be a great night. The atmosphere was quaint, brick walls, small rooms. It's not a huge place so you probably don't want to go without a reservation.
The staff was wonderful. Food was top notch. Plenty of choices and specials to please the entire group. We will surely be back next time we come to town to visit my son and his wife.

• Visited January 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went to Hutch's for a special birthday. Hostess service, bar service, and wait service were all impeccable, as usual. Dinner was delicious and well worth the snow storm we drove through to get there. Companion's rib eye was cooked perfectly and well~enjoyed. My filet was very good. Great dining experience.

Visited January 2014