“2nd visit, great each time.”
Review of Amy's Place

Amy's Place
Ranked #49 of 1,034 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
finger lakes NY
“2nd visit, great each time.”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I get to Buffalo very regularly and almost always share a meal with friends or family. My most recent visit was one of these; my friends suggested Amy's Place for lunch. It was almost 2PM when we got there, the room wasn't full, no wait. I suspect that there might be times when the place is full.

Service was friendly and fast. You know you're going to enjoy a menu that is different from the run of the mill restaurant, so I took my time studying and choosing; ended up with Green Tea and version of a taco salad except it was with pita bread (called Pitaco, I think) and it was delicious. Not overloaded with salsa, not swimming in grease, just good tasty food. One friend chose the lentils & macaroni and cheese (can't remember the name) and I had a taste of that, it was also good. Stick-to-your-ribs food for a good winter lunch, in fact.

Don't go here expecting a fancy chain, or the kind of food your Mom cooked (unless your Mom is Amy, I suppose), but do expect an interesting combination of flavors and textures and a reasonably priced good meal. Note that they do not take plastic.

• Visited January 2014

Utica, New York
“Pick the food off the floor”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Ok, so this wasn't my first time at Amy's. My kids who attend UB love it. My wife hasn't been here yet. I'm sure she would walk out when she see's the bucket of fries by the front door. The food is edible but not cheap. I think I would enjoy McDonald's more. At least they clean the floors at McD's. Amy's is down right filthy. Food on the floor, old utensils and waitress's that need a bath make me loose my appetite. Looking on the counter in plan site is an HDX container from Home Depot holding hummus. If your kids go to UB suck it up and go be part of the crowd. There are to many great restaurants in Buffalo to waste your time and money here. PS Some people have complained of rude waitresses and poor service. I've always found the waitresses pleasant and attentive. They just need to wash themselves and their clothes.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank 741peterm
Buffalo, New York
“Hole in the wall - with lots of love.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Amy's menu is simple and affordable - consisting of vegan/vegetarian dishes and selections for us non converts - all with good flavor. I was in for breakfast recently and decided on one of their omelets with bacon and home fries. I also ordered a side of Seitan for a little extra protein and because I hadn't tried it before. Loved it! I also tried their Veggie Chili which I thought was okay. In that I mean it was comparable to a few other places (commercial and not) and was a hearty, vegetarian comfort food.

As far as pricing is concerned you'll be hard pressed to find places less expensive in the University district. The best part however was the staff. They infuse Amy's place with such high energy that it's contagious. They're attentive, swift and positive as they (sometimes) sing, dance, joke and - SMILE A LOT - as they tend to your tables, orders and drink refills. They are - I believe - the kind of staff to sit down and spin on swivel stools if the muse hit them.

All in all I give a large recommendation to Amy's Place. Come in, sit down, relax, enjoy and smile - it won't hurt your wallet.

• Visited December 2013
West Lothian, United Kingdom
“Genuine article! Great place for dinner!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Read TA reviews and went. Glad we did. Very typical NY diner type environment, friendly service and great food.

We went for the Middle Eastern dinners (vineleaves stuffed with chick peas and the beef shawarma plates to share between my wife and I). Son had chicken souvlaki. It was just great. Freshly cooked and served hot. Would definitely go back and recommend this place if you like Middle Eastern food. Excellent!

• Visited October 2013
Mohawk, New York
“Another great breakfast.”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Returned to Buffalo for a visit and a Bills game. Had to make a return visit to Amy's Place of course. Beautiful Saturday morning, and as anticipated the restaurant was packed with waiting. We were in a hurry, as we had plans for the day, so we asked if we could be served outside. Were told it was not a problem, and we were set up and taken care of quickly and with warm greetings to be there. Food came out promptly and as delicious and huge portions as always. Kudo's to Amy's Place for always dishing up a great meal quickly and always with wonderful staff to serve it!! Will be back on our next trip out!! (Wish the bees didn't like the syrup so much, couldn't done without their presence, but mother nature cannot be helped!)

• Visited September 2013