“Outstanding evening”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, International
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our reservation had been messed up (my own fault!) but our hostess was gracious enough to save the evening and my dignity, and she was able to accommodate our party of two on an otherwise very busy evening. I consider that a great stroke of luck, as we ended up having one of the most noteworthy dinners in a long time. Specials were unique and tasty--crabmeat and red pepper bisque, barramundi seasoned to perfection. The shrimp and cucumber bruschetta was a delightful switch from the usual tomato based version. Tons of food, plus ample wine and cocktails, bill came to $109. A great deal, as promised by many other reviewers. Now I know why this is a local's favorite, as it's now one of mine. Worth the wait!!

1  Thank InTheHollow

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Dinner at Left Bank was one of the best parts of my birthday! From a gorgonzola fondue appetizer to the chocolate macadamia tart dessert, the food was great! Atmosphere was nice, too, as we sat outside on the patio. Will be going back!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our GPS took us through some pretty weird and ugly places before suddenly we arrived at the Left Bank. Turns out every one else comes from the opposite direction, so there isn't a send of culture shock - because once you're there it is a super place. The food was top quality and plentiful, and we didn't get around to dessert. It's sophisticated and pleasant, and we were fortunate that the weather was good so we could eat on the patio. I'm really pleased we were brought there.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

celebrated my bd - treated to excellent food, superlative service and plentiful leftovers which I enjoyed the next day! My meslun greens w/crispy goat cheese wontons,beets, macadamia nuts & vinaigrette/balsamic dressing - wow! calamari appetizer met w/approval from discerning siciliano spouse. his twin filet mignon tournedos = fabulous. my carrot papardella w/fresh,succulent seafood,julienne veg & brandy cream sauce was wonderful. the bank is the best!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is one restaurant that you need to make a reservation for dinner, seemingly weeks ahead. But we tried their brunch offering and were very much pleased. Terrific menu, with lots of choices and gorgeous presentations. We ate on the patio, which was wonderful. Service is very good but the wait can be a tad long. That is overcome by the high quality of food and baked goods.