“Disappointment ”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We had been there years ago and enjoyed it but this visit was a disappointment. Super slow service. Slow water, slow bread, slow drinks.....everything.

The appetizers were okay (oysters not served on ice bed).

Halibut recommended by waitress had a weird “crust” which was actually pasty under the crisp exterior. Made the fish have an unpleasant mushy texture. Not cool for $29. There are so many great restaurants in Buffalo, we won’t be back here.

One time great, no longer

1  Thank Jonmun

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We dined on the patio. Wednesday night. No reservations, no wait. Score for us! Apps, dinner, drinks & ambience suited us perfectly. I wondered if we'd be underdressed, but nice casual was just fine. The evening couldn't have been more relaxing. Ribeye and salmon entrees were stellar. Very fair prices. I will absolutely return!

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Visited Buffalo twice in one month and returned to this restaurant because of it's diverse menu and cozy environment. Service was great both times.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

For midnight snack (at11pm) we went to Mother’s restaurant for some chicken wings. They have one of the best Buffalo chicken wings anywhere, according to my husband “The Best”, in Buffalo it’s a must. It is not as “Hot” (spicy) as we like it but crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. If you like them extra “hot” need to ask I guess. Will go again soon.
We also had some delicious fresh shucked oysters. The name on the menu is Dirty Blond from PEI, love the name. The shell is the color of dirty blond, hahaha. The only bad thing is they don’t open for lunch.

Reviewed July 21, 2018

The first time I went to Mothers in December I was more than pleased with the staff and the food so I wanted to come back and celebrate my special day "Birthday"! What a mistake! Although the courtyard was tastefully done I can not say much about food and drink or service. The server said they could make any drink at the bar , I asked for a Mojito. No we don't have fresh Mint. Ordered the shrimp fritters. Worked in old oil were dark and hard. My fault for not taking them back. My expensive Halibut was dry and even the lemon butter didn't help. Never offered anything complimentary to celebrate my birthday! So for the price it cost and the complaints from my husband when visiting from NC I will not be back nor give it high ratings.

1  Thank debbie q