“a cozy atmosphere and interesting menu”

Mother's Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 1,037 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Toronto, Canada
“a cozy atmosphere and interesting menu”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

A great discovery close to BestWestern and Holiday on Delaware near Allen. Hidden somewhat on an alley type street. Good effort on the bar area - very inviting. Interesting choices on the menu and reasonable wine prices. Friendly and helpful staff in explaining some menu items. The food was good. I'd go back for sure - they have a side patio I'd like to try out in warmer weather.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Christina C

Lockport, New York
“Great find”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went to Mothers on a whim for a casual Saturday out. We went at about 8pm and the dining room was packed and we ended up waiting about 50 minutes for a table. We had a couple drinks at the bar while we waited. Once we were seated we ordered the stuffed banana peppers for an appetizer which we thoroughly enjoyed. I ordered the wild striped bass and my husband had the lamb chops, both from the specials menu. My fish was cooked perfectly with a flavorful crunchy crust and moist flaky inside. The portions were very generous and we ended up taking left overs. We also tried the cheesecake for dessert which was pretty decent. The service was nothing to complain about - out waiter was prompt and knowledgable if not overly friendly. Overall we enjoyed Mothers and would definitely go back - with a reservation next time.

1 Thank Jillebe
Andover, Massachusetts
“Tasteful, But Casual”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Interior of historic, small building is decorated in a tasteful, understated way. Had a good steak, and good wedge salad. Wine list is solid, and not pricey. Bar area looks like a cool place to hang out.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank MattB
“Romantic, great atmosphere”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel, and we loved it. It was busy, but not overcrowded for a weeknight. Beautiful stone walls, warm decor. Service was fantastic and attentive, and the food was great. I would definitely go here again when we are in Buffalo.

Visited January 2014
Niagara Falls, New York
“Great place to dine with friends”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our group of six went to Mother's for a pre-Sabres game meal. When we told our server of our time constraints, he made sure we were served in a comfortable time frame but quickly enough to get to the stadium before puck-drop. The best meals were the meatloaf (believe the hype), the stuffed chicken and the tuna. My scallops with black fettuccine were fine but nothing special. The standout appetizer was the white bean hummus - absolutely delicious. They have a wonderful wine menu, but being short on time we ordered the "daily steal," which for $35 was a great bottle. Oh - and our pre-dinner drinks were mixed expertly by the bartender, especially in light of my friends picky martini palate. The price wasn't bad for a good meal for six and the space was cozy and nice. One of our party thought it was too loud, but I think he just didn't care for the blues/jazz selections. He was outvoted by the other five of us. Next time we'll try it when we have more time to relax.

• Visited January 2014