“Pretty Awesome!”
Review of Pano's Restaurant

Pano's Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 1,108 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is the second time I have been to Pano's Restaurant and the food was consistent; delivered hot and fresh. It is located very close to Buffalo State College on Elmwood. Patio windows surround the dining area and open full to bring the outside in. Uncovered outside patio dining is also available. On this trip I had the special which was a Monsoon Chicken Salad served with coconut chicken, mangos, crasins, manderins, walnuts on a bed of greens with a frest vingarette dressing -- it was amazing. Also served at our table was the BLT sandwich special which was so big; my friend took half of it home! Don't expect to get in and out of the restaurant at lunch time in less than an hour as it is extremely busy; but worth the time!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Pano's Restaurant in Buffalo is close to Buffalo State College. It offers excellent food, a wide choice of options and a very good value. The chicken souvlaki is my favorite. It has become our go- to restaurant. It also offers outdoor seating and seating near open doors weather permitting. They also have a full bar. The wait staff are always busy, but highly efficient. I think they are worked a bit too hard, so give them good tips!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Second visit, this time much less impressed. Food, a sandwich special with limp fries was taste-free and far from generous. The best part of the fries was the catsup.

Service, despite a perky (and ultimately apologetic) wait person, was abysmally slow. The kitchen can't handle the volume even in this modest-sized establishment.

Take care to not be seated in the back booths, a dark and stuffy section too close to the kitchen doors and associated heat and activity. Insist on a table in the windowed part of the restaurant.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

After a bad experience a couple years ago, I swore I would never return but my wife and some friends dragged me back. It was great! All four of us ordered a different entre and they were all excellent. The appetizers were also very good. The drinks were served promptly and the service was flawless. You also can't beat sitting outside on Elmwood on a nice summer night. We'll be back!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I went to Panos for my sisters birthday, to start off the night the waitress salena was slow and unprofessional she brought over our waters two at a time walking back and forth between our table and the server station, If we tried to make conversation she basically acted like we were wasting her time. Our appetizers came out on time but they were bland and she said that because we ordered appetizers they don't give out complimentary rolls. After we asked about it she said she could bring us some, which she did she brought them out with our soup and salads, but instead of putting the butter in a separate plate she just dumped ten packets onto my soup bowl plate. When she handed out plates she got half way around the table and handed them to us to finish off and then when she picked up the plates she asked us if they were ALL DIRTY OR IF SOME WERE STILL CLEAN...AFTER they had been on the table. Which is disgusting to ask It makes me wonder if we were given plates that other customers had handed around the table and they cleaned them off and handed them to us. Salena then didn't check on us for a while which was fine because we were waiting on our food, but then when our food came out someone else was carrying it and she rushed over saying oh she had it, when the food was placed down she didn't know who had what order, and 3 of the 5 steaks ordered were all at the wrong temperature completely over cooked and the food was cold. when we spoke with the manager on duty that night he said that our fried onions were cold because they don't make them fresh they make a bowl of them and leave them in the window. So basically our food had been sitting in a window going cold and sitting under a heat lamp, the server didn't notice and the manager DIDN'T CARE he actually admitted that their food isn't that fresh. When we spoke to Salena about it she rolled her eyes at us, but they took care of the food. They offered us dessert but they didn't offer us a salad or something fast to eat while half the table ate and the other half including the birthday guest sat there for fifteen minutes. When the food came out the manager delivered it and it tasted good , one of the steaks was still over cooked but the birthday girl felt bad stating it so she just delt with it. Salena checked on us once right when the food was delivered the manager didn't even do a follow up which should have been done seeing as half the food had been cold and cooked all wrong. The manager had told us that he would take care of the appetizers. which was silly why would you only take care of the appetizers for a table that only received half of their food on time, which after i spoke to him about it he did take them off. we didn't even want dessert at that point, we just wanted to leave because a simple fun dinner had turned into a horrible night out. Then to top it off the server SALENA comes up to us and tells us that she didn't appreciate us telling her manager that we thought she was rude and that she felt as though she did her job very well and that we were rude to have gone to the manager.....What kind of server thinks that they're doing their job well by being brash to GUESTS at a RESTAURANT. I served for 5 years in fine dining. If I ever did everything that she did on Sunday I would have been fired. And then when the birthday girl who was in tears apologizing to us because she picked the restaurant was leaving she told "manager" what the server had done and all he could do was say sorry. What kind of moronic response is that from a manager. your employee just walked up to a table and was completely rude and all you say is that. He was just brushing us off. That restaurant has horrible service and the manager can't handle his staff It was a waste of time and money.

1  Thank cinnamon874