“Had a terrible day- this turned it around!”

Oliver's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Oliver's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 1,037 Restaurants in Buffalo
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Amherst
Description: From the time Frank Oliver built the restaurant in 1936, the diners and food-lovers of Buffalo have returned time and time again for exceptional quality and service. The decades in-between saw ownership changes, new traditions and renovations to expand our landmark space on Delaware Avenue in Buffalo.
Buffalo, NY
“Had a terrible day- this turned it around!”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Amazing!! Great date place. Older crowd mixed with professionals. Have to try Lobster!!! Mmm!

Halibut was delish as well. Kind of an 'off the beaten path' restaurant, but worth the ride.

Buffalo, NY
“Careful attention to detail coupled with flawless food & service”
Reviewed April 13, 2009

I went to Oliver's for Easter Sunday dinner & was delighted from the moment we stepped from our car, as even the attendant in the lot was gracious. Upon entering the restaurant, we were pleasantly greeted by the maitre de whereupon the bar looked so inviting, we asked to sit there for a drink before being shown to our table. The champagne was sparkling & icy cold & the bartender cordial. After that, we were whisked to our table, exactly the one I had requested when I made the reservation, upon the advice of a friend who had dined there a short time ago. The waitstaff were courteous, knowledgeable & friendly without fawning and our every request was smoothly complied with. I am a vegetarian & the waiter pointed out the choices from the menu & then went to ask the chef for his suggestions. I ended up ordering from the menu & the results were superb. The mozzarella fettucine was a cloud of paper thin noodle shaped cheese nestled amid arugula dotted with red pepper pieces nicely dressed. My partner chose mussels which were sauced in a perfectly seasoned garlic blend. My main course was a "real" pasta, "open" ravioli, a kind of folded lasagna noodle, which had to be homemade, layered with wild mushroom sauce & just a soupcon of truffle oil. My partner's grilled salmon was done to a T. The desserts were works of art & delicately flavored. I'm a tough customer & I could find nothing but perfection here.

San Diego
“Family restaurant makes good.!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2008

I took my dad out for dinner this past week and we tried Oliver's after reviewing the Tripadvisor rankings.

We found a restaurant that had exceptional food, a first-rate server and live -but not intrusive - piano. Drinks were rated very highly by Dad (a large and reportedly well made martini) and dinner (one consisting of a veal dish and the other a well done cod) were well matched with included side dishes.

Dessert was also very good. On the way out, we chatted with the staff and were pleased to hear Oliver's is a family owned placed with family members involved in all facets of the business including the dessert cookies and coat checker. This is a place we will visit again and I recommend you do too.

1 Thank Whos_Got_My_Bags
Hamburg, NY
“A terrific Buffalo restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2008

My friends and I had dinner at Oliver's on a Saturday night. The food was all of good quality and our server was efficient and friendly. We especially enjoyed the jazz trio. It was a pleasure to hear live music with great food.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Dinner was disappointing”
Reviewed July 27, 2008

M and I were visiting Buffalo, and had read mixed reviews of Oliver's but decided to try it. For a Saturday dinner at a "fancy" restaurant, we certainly expected a lot more! The highlights of the meal were the Garbage Salad (unfortunate name) and the Spinach Loaf, which isn't saying much. M's halibut and risotto were "okay", and my own Madeira-braised chicken was moist but pretty unremarkable -- no amazing flavors to perk up the palate. I was hoping to try the "famous bone-in ribeye" mentioned in a previous review, but it was not available. For the $90+ price tag, the meal did not even include wine or dessert! The waiter was friendly, but other staff at the front had "an attitude". The valet parking seems to be just a money-making ploy -- we parked down the street to avoid the valet fee. We wondered why there were so few diners on a Saturday night, but by the end of the meal, we knew the reason.

2 Thank TwoFrequentTravelers